Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

1)
Ref the Assasin Caught event card. Text is "The Conspirator(s) nearest to Hitler raise their Suspicion to High.

Although the Conspirators were in separate locations, we were all the same distance from Hitler. So we raised everyone to High, assuming the card affected all locations that were equally 'nearest' to Hitler.

2)
All conspirators were in the space space, along with a Deputy. The Deputy was to move to the location of the nearest Deputy. The rules say the Deputy must move, but there was no nearest location as we were all in the same location.
We move the Deputy to our choice of location adjacent to our location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - Nope. You pick one. From the rules - If multiple conspirators or Deputies are equidistant targets, the players choose which one is affected.

2 - Nope. The Deputy stays put if there is no other "nearest" conspirator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
1 - Nope. You pick one. From the rules - If multiple conspirators or Deputies are equidistant targets, the players choose which one is affected.

Really ?
The card specifically say "Conspirator(s)", meaning more than one could be affected.

senorcoo wrote:

2 - Nope. The Deputy stays put if there is no other "nearest" conspirator.

Where is that stated, as it contradicts the rules about them must move.

Quote:
For purposes of resolving “nearest”, conspirators currently in the space of the moving enemy are ignored. In other words, when Hitler or a deputy is required to move, they must end in a different location than they started from, regardless of if there was a conspirator in the space they moved from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - Because the nearest conspirators could both be in the same space.

2 - It was clarified by the designer in another thread - asked by me if I recall correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

If that is not the intent of the card then the wording should be errated/clarified. As card text often override rules, this creates confusion when the card inferes plural yet the rules limit to singular.

Clearer wording would be
'Raised the Suspicion level to High for a Conspirator nearest to Hitler'

What happens with the Heydrich Assassinated event, if all the Conspirators were at High/Extreme Suspicion and in Prague. Would they all be arrested or just one ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's been added to the FAQ thread.

I don't have the card text in front of me right now, but if it reads the way I think it does, they'd all be arrested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.