Subject: Action cards question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
"Yeah, yeah...I know...y-you're Bane. But you...I think you...forgot...
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that instead of assigning a leader to a mission, a player can flip an action card faceup resolve its ability. If you do this, can you still assign leaders to missions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R
msg tools
I don't believe so, I always use an action card activation as that assigned leader's action in the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Assignment phase action cards do not stop you from assigning other missions. You can use them before, after or in between assigning other leaders to missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
inaholeintheground wrote:
The rules say that instead of assigning a leader to a mission, a player can flip an action card faceup resolve its ability. If you do this, can you still assign leaders to missions?

I assume you're asking about using the Action card during the assignment phase. You can resolve an Action card by using one of the leader that are not assigned to Mission. You can do it either before, during, or after your assign other leaders to Mission or keep them in the pool. However, the leader that resolve the Action card will be on the board, so they are not able to be assigned again to another Mission card this round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule referred to is for Action cards with the Assignment type. Note that each player does all of their assignments in one go, there is no turn-taking in the Assignment Phase.

So you can do as many Assignment Action cards as you want before, after or in-between assigning leaders to missions normally.

The same is not true for your Command Phase w
Here you are taking turns. The Action cards used here list when they are played specifically and do not replace one of your Command turns.

Edit: Don't worry about the use of 'instead'. It isn't instead of all your assignments, it's instead of one, and you have theoretically infinite assignments (limited by leaders and mission cards of course, though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
"Yeah, yeah...I know...y-you're Bane. But you...I think you...forgot...
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all of the responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it ever possible to have an assignment action card in your position and NOT have the leader whose photo is on the card? If so, is the card dead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
Is it ever possible to have an assignment action card in your position and NOT have the leader whose photo is on the card? If so, is the card dead?

The only way that would be possible is if the pictured leader was lured to the dark side or eliminated. In that case, the card is dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.