Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During initial play testing, the Prince was a very hungry fellow with a big mouth to feed. The final version is less fiddly and more manageable, but I was fond of the original version, which requires you to buy a lot of cards you don't necessarily want to. I obtained Kevin's permission before posting this, so thanks again Kevin I've elaborated a few rules points, just to make sure they're clear.

Setup: Place a card from each gem supply pile next to the Nemesis Mat in 3 separate piles. These piles represent the prince's bellies. When cards are Devoured, players can place/spread the cards in the bellies in any order or distribution they want. A belly is full when it reaches 5 cards. This could also be played as, all cards in a devour action go into 1 belly, unless it is full at which point it will overflow to another

Unleash: Devour 2 cards from the cheapest available supply pile - this was not varied by player count

Exhaustion Devour all cards in the cheapest available supply pile. Gravehold suffers 2 damage for each card Devoured this way

The same rules apply that if cards cannot be eaten from a pile, Gravehold suffers damage instead.
The top card of any belly can be purchased as if it were a supply pile

Loss Condition The players lose if all 3 bellies have 5 cards in them at any time - 6 cards in each might be more reasonable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
coldkorn wrote:
During initial play testing, the Prince was a very hungry fellow with a big mouth to feed. The final version is less fiddly and more manageable, but I was fond of the original version, which requires you to buy a lot of cards you don't necessarily want to. I obtained Kevin's permission before posting this, so thanks again Kevin I've elaborated a few rules points, just to make sure they're clear.

Setup: Place a card from each gem supply pile next to the Nemesis Mat in 3 separate piles. These piles represent the prince's bellies. When cards are Devoured, players can place/spread the cards in the bellies in any order or distribution they want. A belly is full when it reaches 5 cards. This could also be played as, all cards in a devour action go into 1 belly, unless it is full at which point it will overflow to another

Unleash: Devour 2 cards from the cheapest available supply pile - this was not varied by player count

Exhaustion Devour all cards in the cheapest available supply pile. Gravehold suffers 2 damage for each card Devoured this way

The same rules apply that if cards cannot be eaten from a pile, Gravehold suffers damage instead.
The top card of any belly can be purchased as if it were a supply pile

Loss Condition The players lose if all 3 bellies have 5 cards in them at any time - 6 cards in each might be more reasonable

This was one of the first versions of Prince of Gluttons that we teste. Obviously, the final one shares many similarities but is quite different.

You'll notice that this nemesis features a unique 'on exhaust' effect. Early in development, 'on exhaust' effects were not standardized and so each nemesis had their own.

This version of Prince of Gluttons will twist the game in a bit of a different way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.