Popular Tags: [View All]
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 7 expansions a while ago, but I still haven't decided on how to distribute the tresures (4 silver and 3 gold, or something like that) to the different armies.

Is it useful to an army to have only a gold block, or should I only give the gold blocks to armies that get silver blocks? Any thoughts?

Putting them on something to make it possible to move them to different armies is cheating btw. I would rather just copy the labels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be harder to spend out on the field where you have to spend 5 gold at a time, but fortunately, that's not the only way to use it. I think gold blocks can be useful even if the army doesn't have any silver.

You can always use that block to transport gold between cities. It's handy to bring gold closer to the front and therefore more accessible to the units that need to heal. Or you can use it to move gold from cities that are in danger of falling to the enemy.

Also, it may be useful in a scenario were the goal is to transfer gold from one location to another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, I think that having a Gold but not a Silver makes the Gold unit a lot less useful. Spending in 5GP chunks is not always very convenient.

My recommendation: if you have both a Gold and a Silver unit, scan them, and then print out one of each for each army. Having a Silver unit is integral to the game, and having a Gold unit is not that useful without a Silver. It's not exactly useless, but you're going to have to work to be able to spend in exactly 5GP increment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias DeSoto
United States
Daytona Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make sure all of your armies have at least 1 of them (gold or silver), then just designate before the game that no matter if it is gold or silver it just acts like a silver (so a gold with 1 step is the same as a silver with 1 step)... this will help you out with giving each army some way to transport gold around without worring about if it is 1 or 5, then when you get enough expansions so each army can have 1 of each you are all set.

Derek...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.