Subject: End of Game Scoring of Tested Designs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory Shipman

Plano
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Blue Car in the garage with 3 upgrades. (Say the cubes are worth 4, 3, and 2)= 9 points

Same scenario but with 2 blue cars in the garage = 18 points ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
eurofun wrote:
Blue Car in the garage with 3 upgrades. (Say the cubes are worth 4, 3, and 2)= 9 points

Same scenario but with 2 blue cars in the garage = 18 points ??

You do not score your cars at the end of the game, you score your tested designs. If you have at least one blue car then all of your blue upgraded designs are considered tested designs.

Rulebook, pg 15 wrote:
For each of your Tested Designs, earn pp equal to the Car Part’s value.

Remember, a Tested Design is an Upgraded Design for a car you have
in your garage; The number of cars you have does not matter, one car is
enough to test all upgraded designs of the same Model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Shipman

Plano
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Jon for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
JonBen wrote:
You do not score your cars at the end of the game

You do score your cars, in addition to your Tested Designs. That's why each car on the board has a points value above it. Quoting from the rules:
Quote:
FINAL SCORING
4. For each car you have in your garages, earn pp equal to the value depicted on the wall between the Test Track and Innovation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
For each car you own with the color:
- Black (score 6 pts)
- Blue (score 3 pts)
- Green (score 2 pts)
- Yellow (score 4 pts)
- Red (score 5 pts)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
JonBen wrote:
You do not score your cars at the end of the game

You do score your cards, in addition to your Tested Designs. That's why each car on the board has a points value above it. Quoting from the rules:
Quote:
FINAL SCORING
4. For each car you have in your garages, earn pp equal to the value depicted on the wall between the Test Track and Innovation.

Thanks for correcting me, I misspoke terribly. I was thinking in the context of car parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So in these examples:

- One blue car (3 points) plus three tested designs of values 4, 3, and 2 = 12 points

- Two blue cars (6 points) plus three tested designs of the same values = 15 points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Street
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the same topic, does this work like the end-of-week scoring where it doesn't matter who has done the upgrading (have the flipped tile by their player board) - as long as I have done the testing (i.e., put the car in my garage) then I score it? Or do I need both the car in my garage and the flipped tile next to my board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.