Russ Fleming
Vietnam
Hanoi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I totally enjoyed the first play with my son.

Upon cleaning up the game, I cannot get the tokens or the miniature rings to fit back into the box (in baggies-I guess they could be sprinkled throughout the box).

The box has a nice molded insert at the bottom in which all the cards, tiles and ship boards sit nicely. On top the miniatures go back into the plastic molded inserts and into boxes. On top of that rests the rulebook, score sheet and the kraken.

I have bagged my tokens: health, money, and others and they will not fit without running the top of the box or sprinkling them throughout the box to fit the available space. I wish the planning of the box size and inserts would account for the player to keep the minis in the boxes and still have room for the rest of the game pieces.

I understand that the box was made to effectively and safely ship the game and I feel that it should also be made to store the game once the cardboard has been punched out without the need to resort to plano boxes, home made foam core or third party products (awesome as they may be). Note this is without any expansion material (I guess I will need something once wave 2 arrives).

What have other's felt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Whitley
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, I have always chucked out some of the CMON plastic insert bits to fit things better. In the original R&B, I got rid of the cardboard that holds the ships and the plastic card holder tray. Instead, I fill up that space with all the cards, tokens etc and it fits much nicer.

I will be doing similar with R&B2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snow Man
msg tools
i have found that having small bags of tokens fit in under then minis when you slide them back into their boxes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Coopersville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JasterTK421 wrote:
i have found that having small bags of tokens fit in under then minis when you slide them back into their boxes

That is a good idea. I organize most of my games with bags so setup is simpler, and yes, in this game it does not fit. Didn't think of using that space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The insert for this game seems more useless than most. Thankfully bagged tokens fit under the mini trays alright. Not sure what I'll do when the extras arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just lie mine flat ontop of the boards, doesn't matter if they lie overlapping and uneven - there's plenty of room in the box for them to fit there under the miniature holders (I threw the containing boxes out)

They do slip and slide around so may get scuffed with a lot of transport...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Jimenez
msg tools
mb
JasterTK421 wrote:

I do this too. Works like a charm.
Also I always separate all the tokens in small plastic bags with zip, which makes it easier to set up a game quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.