Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Walko
United States
Oswego
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have really enjoyed playing battlelore. I am looking for other games that have a similar feel to them. The only thing that sticks out to me is memoir 44, but I suppose I am not looking for a military/history type of theme. Just wondering if there are other similar games that area control aspects with armies, but are not super heavy like miniatures games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any of the Commands & Colors games will be very similar. The most similar will be Commands & Colors: Ancients or Samurai Battles. Samurai Battles uses a separate combat deck (like the lore deck) paid for with "Honor and Fortune" tokens. C&C Ancients only uses a command deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about team sports?

Looking at your collection I see you have many games similar to Battlelore but you have no team sport games. These would be similar but different.

These could range from actual real sports to fictional stuff in fantasy or Sci-Fi settings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bermondsey Battler
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Borg has a space themed game in the Commands and Colors series. Dont own it and have never played it but it might fit the bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Walko
United States
Oswego
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh interesting. I never knew the system was called command and colors and that there are some others categorized into it. I will have to look into it. Not sure how I feel on sports games, though I have seen some fantasy/sci fi sports games that intrigue me that were PC games. That may be something to also look at as well. Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Van Verth
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the SciFi C&C game is Abaddon.

If you're made of money, there's also Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit. If you're not, it's my understanding that Risk: Star Wars Edition has some similarities to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
Turn the right corner in Sin City...
badge
...and you can find anything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Battles of Westeros is the same game but without magic (only the Baratheon expansion has some) and a IMO much better way to command your troops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.