Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Suburbia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Investment markers....can I place more than one in a hex? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
If so, does the power of the hex triple with 2 investment markers on it?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
I ask because the rules say no...but the App allows me to
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go by the rules.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it would depend on which you were playing then. I personally would go by the rules. Don't know of any instance of playing a board game when someone referenced a computer adaptation of it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kesavanss wrote:
I ask because the rules say no...but the App allows me to


Can you post a screenshot of this? I've never seen the app work this way, and it should never allow this to happen.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
I just , 5 mins ago, placed 2 investment markers in the same lake tile.
The ipad app accepted my play.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Kesavanss wrote:
I just , 5 mins ago, placed 2 investment markers in the same lake tile.
The ipad app accepted my play.


Huh, I have not been able to replicate that.

I'm on the latest version. I started a 2p game vs the computer AI Dale.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Did it again!!!
It allows me to put a 2nd investment marker on a lake...but....
.....refuses to allow me to put a 3rd on the same lake.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Kesavanss wrote:
Did it again!!!
It allows me to put a 2nd investment marker on a lake...but....
.....refuses to allow me to put a 3rd on the same lake.


Can you give us a little context? Like is it a AI game? against how many AI? What tiles did you have? How many turn?

Most importantly, what happen when you put the second investment marker? Let's say the app has a bug, but based on your original question, you're unable to learn the effect? What happen when you put another tile onto the lake?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
I am using an IPad Pro and am playing against 3 AI.
I have played 3 games with different setups and each time, the App allows me to place a x2 marker twice in the same hex.
But...it refuses me to place a 3rd 2x marker on the same tile.

If you give me your email, I will play another game and give you pics of the before and after.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Kesavanss wrote:
I am using an IPad Pro and am playing against 3 AI.
I have played 3 games with different setups and each time, the App allows me to place a x2 marker twice in the same hex.
But...it refuses me to place a 3rd 2x marker on the same tile.

If you give me your email, I will play another game and give you pics of the before and after.


It's okay, I was able to duplicate the bug with your information:

4p w/ 3AIs. After a few turn of play, I was able to put another investment token onto the same lake hex. I'm fourth in order (purple).

What happened? It's like you have the Waterfront Realty, so 2$ more when you place a new tile adjacent to the "double-invested" lake.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
eunoia wrote:
Kesavanss wrote:
I am using an IPad Pro and am playing against 3 AI.
I have played 3 games with different setups and each time, the App allows me to place a x2 marker twice in the same hex.
But...it refuses me to place a 3rd 2x marker on the same tile.

If you give me your email, I will play another game and give you pics of the before and after.


It's okay, I was able to duplicate the bug with your information:

4p w/ 3AIs. After a few turn of play, I was able to put another investment token onto the same lake hex. I'm fourth in order (purple).

What happened? It's like you have the Waterfront Realty, so 2$ more when you place a new tile adjacent to the "double-invested" lake.


It appears to be affecting only one of the spot. It's the 4 o'clock position hex from the initial Heavy Factory. All the other lake behaves normally.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Screenshot:

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the details and the screenshots! Hopefully we can get that very weird little bug squashed!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:
Thanks for the details and the screenshots! Hopefully we can get that very weird little bug squashed!


I have a long-standing bug that has never been fixed.

I don't want to clutter up this thread with it.

Ted, can I Geekmail it to you, or would you see it if I start another thread?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Dave. Please go ahead and send a geek mail to me with the details.

Thank you!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:
Yes, Dave. Please go ahead and send a geek mail to me with the details.

Thank you!


Geekmail sent!

Thanks, Ted.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Hmmm..might we label it as "Darth's Bug"?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.