Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tonichi x Tabletop2Go
Philippines
Marikina City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there any news on the expansion for this game? What are the expected contents, aside from cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Mihalik

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corey Young lists the items in the playtest of the expansion in this thread from earlier this year:

Open Playtest of Upcoming Expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Erickson
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
publisher
Covert Spy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're working on it! This great game definitely deserves an expansion! Keep an eye out for it!

Sara Erickson
Renegade Game Studios
@PlayRenegade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Impaired Bear
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Toshirauma wrote:
We're working on it! This great game definitely deserves an expansion! Keep an eye out for it!

Sara Erickson
Renegade Game Studios
@PlayRenegade

I'm super excited for this! Any release dates to tease?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
mb
No news yet? I'm going to take a guess and say it's dead in the water? I hope not, but it feels like it's been a long time since it was announced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Thomas
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group was fortunate enough to be in on the playtest of the 5-6 player expansion.

Some of the mechanics introduced are different enough that we've begun using them exclusively, regardless of player count. So I do hope this comes to fruition soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooohhh... NDA I assume? Sounds cool though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
mb
Yeah I had heard about the playtesting, but this was a while ago, no?

From ym understanding it let's you play up to 6? And you play either aliens or humans, one starting in the middle, one starting at the warp gate, and trying to get to either end. Sounds really cool and it would mean I could bring it to bigger get togethers.

It's one of my favorite "simple" games. Just been waiting on this for a while, and curious if there's an update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter K
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Same, I've been waiting to purchase the base game since I remember seeing that the new version would have better ship components in addition to the new rules (maybe I'm confusing new printing/edition vs the expansion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
mb
If this doesn't happen, I hope the rules for the expansion could get posted. It sounds like it was fun and I could just add ships from another game. Though I assume you need new cards for it as well.

Did they post the playtesting anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter K
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
The rules were available only during the playtesting period via another thread here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
Dying to hear a release date for Captain's Orders!

Hopefully it's soon!

And someone in a different thread mentioned adding it to the Fuse/Flatline universe... I wouldn't mind this if they wanted to do it. I kind of like the notion of a shared universe of a game company. They may not do that, but I'm just saying if they wanted to, I would be on board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
mb
I asked in a recent e-mail exchange, and they said they don't have any expansions planned at the moment. Of course that may be because they haven't announced it yet. Then again someone from renegade in this very thread said it was coming soon over 1 year ago.

I'm getting a feeling it might have been stopped though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Enriquez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a bummer. I haven't bought the game yet, I was waiting on the expansion. I hope it turns up again at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.