7 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of questions about Campaign mode (no spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ark Atreides
msg tools
mbmbmb
So I played through the whole campaign and was a bit surprised to see that at the end of it I can get XP and/or other effects.

The way I understand the Dunwich Legacy cycle is that that is a self-contained campaign so we will roll new investigators for that one.

So my question is, what is the point of getting XP and other modifiers at the end of this campaign?

Can I take the investigators to Dunwich Legacy after all?

Can I take the investigators to a Standalone scenario like Rougarou (I also was under the impression that could only be done from within a campaign, not at the end of it - since I assume Rougarou will also give me further XP)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Experience et cetera acts partly as a reward, to help you assess your outcome and do your final little victory dance before shuffling off to the asylum.

It is recommended to start Dunwich with new Investigators, but it is permitted to bring your Investigators from Night of the Zealot.

Similarly with Rougarou, yes, it is supposed to be inside a Campaign (if not standalone), but it's your game, play it how you want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Boon
Netherlands
Berkel en Rodenrijs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I assume you can take Ashcan Pete all the way through the core campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cwb1977 wrote:
And I assume you can take Ashcan Pete all the way through the core campaign?

Absolutely. All the Player Cards have been previewed elsewhere, and there's nothing about any of them that would break the Night of the Zealot Campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuliano Bartolucci
Italy
fano
Pesaro Urbino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you ARE indeed allowed to bring your character to Dunwich after the core campaign unless she/he received 4 mental trauma
Spoiler (click to reveal)
(2 of wich "achieved" on campaign resolution)
on 5 total Mental Sanity...like minewhistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
The Experience et cetera acts partly as a reward, to help you assess your outcome and do your final little victory dance before shuffling off to the asylum.

It is recommended to start Dunwich with new Investigators, but it is permitted to bring your Investigators from Night of the Zealot.

Similarly with Rougarou, yes, it is supposed to be inside a Campaign (if not standalone), but it's your game, play it how you want to.

Brevity is my one teeny tiny complaint about the campaign system. I understand our investigators can't continue too long because of power creep but it's like getting three tiny scoops of really good gelato and then being told, "no we are all out."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the only issue I have with the game so far. Spending that much time to build your deck and upgrade it after 2 scenarios only to never be able to continue to use it seems like a waste of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.