9 Posts

Robo Rally» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about Damage cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Ahlberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Im guessing that the damage cards you have in your hand are "programmed" onto the 1-5 slots like any other programming card you have? So if you want to get rid of a SPAM card you can place it face down on slot 3 for example?

When all players then flip up the cards on the slot 3 your SPAM card will be shown, right? And here is my second question:

The rules says (after discarding the damage card from your programming slot, in my example the SPAM card) "Take a programming card from the top of your deck, and play it in your current register)
My current register? As i programmed my SPAM card to slot 3 and then it was reveled (and then it will get discarded) should i then take a programming card from my programming deck and placing it on the same slot 3 and then executing that too? This means that i will be executing first the SPAM card and then a random programming card from the deck on the SAME slot.. is this really correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sahin Varol
Germany
flag msg tools
Yes it is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct.

The damage does something unpredictable to you. You can either avoid programming it—which allows it to show up again later and cut down on the number of usable cards—or you can work out the bugs and get rid of it. Unfortunately, the cost to doing this is to possibly do something terrible.

I've only played this version twice, but so far I'm sensing that you really want to program spam such that:
1) it is in the final register
2) you are in a safe location so that a Move card doesn't catapult you into a bad situation.

The spam folder upgrade is kind of nice because you can get rid of spam without the randomness, but you essentially are programming four actions then. It's not a bad choice if you're riding the express conveyor, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmidt
msg tools
Hi, I have another question regarding the damage cards. I am no native regarding the english language so it might be, that I missed something in the manual of the game:

How do you get damage cards like e.g. "trojan horse"? I only red that you need to take "Spam" when being damaged or if you reboot. When do you need to take the other cards?
On page 15 it states, that you must chose another card if the card-stack you need to take is empty, is this all? We played once and yes the spam-stack has been shortly empty, but then no one would take a trojan horse...

Thanks,
Lynx42
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sahin Varol
Germany
flag msg tools
When I understand it right:

When you take damage, you have to take spam cards first. When there is no more spamcards available, then you must choose one of the other damage cards like Virus, Trojanhorse and worm.

Few damage cards are more fatal than others.

I think the damage chronology is so:

1. Spamcard- 38 cards
You just must discard the spamcard, and replace it with the top card of your deck. And then, the card is out from your deck.

2. Virus- 18 cards- same damage like spam, but aditional to that, you damage other robots too.

On the card is written: Robots within a 6-space radius of your robot immediately take 1 spam and you must play the top of your card. But the rulebook is saying you must take a virus card instead a spamcard. I dont know which is true. I think, it would be better to take spamcard and no virus card again.

3. Trojan Horse- 12 cards-more than spam and virus
When you progamm this, you must immediately take 2 spam cards and play the top of your deck this register

4. Worm- 6 cards- most damage
you must reboot. And you know, when you must reboot, you must take 2 spam damage cards aditional and your progamm for this round is canceled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hesy
Germany
Bad Iburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
lynx42 wrote:
Hi, I have another question regarding the damage cards. I am no native regarding the english language so it might be, that I missed something in the manual of the game:

How do you get damage cards like e.g. "trojan horse"? I only red that you need to take "Spam" when being damaged or if you reboot. When do you need to take the other cards?
On page 15 it states, that you must chose another card if the card-stack you need to take is empty, is this all? We played once and yes the spam-stack has been shortly empty, but then no one would take a trojan horse...

Thanks,
Lynx42

Just flip through the option cards. There are lot of ways to get the special damge cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmidt
msg tools
FlyingTurk55 wrote:
When I understand it right:

When you take damage, you have to take spam cards first. When there is no more spamcards available, then you must choose one of the other damage cards like Virus, Trojanhorse and worm.

Ok, that's how we played it. However with 4 players, spamcards have been barely empty. Therefore we haven't seen trojan horse or worm.

Hesy wrote:

Just flip through the option cards. There are lot of ways to get the special damge cards.

Ok, on a first glance I found two upgrade cards. But it would probably be too evil if there were more devil
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a four player game of this that ended up with a lot of damage being handed out for various reasons. One turn had all four of us reboot, and the respawn point loaded us all into a line to allow the rear two robots to both play their move-3s, pushing the other two right into a pit before they even got a first register phase.

Suffice it to say, we ran out of SPAM cards one turn, resulting in players taking VIRUS cards instead. People managed to program out a few SPAM cards back into the pool, but then the VIRUS cards that got programmed just dished them back out again.

It was brutal, glorious, hilarous and an incredible amount of fun.

This is very board dependent, and won't happen every game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.