Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Assuming I have the Hero Circe:

If I conquer a province and pillage a caravan to gain a resource, can I also occupy said caravan spot to use it for income generation next time it is phase I?

And when pillaging, do you simply store the extra commodities next to your coins, etc?

Regards
Asger Granerud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
AsgerSG wrote:
If I conquer a province and pillage a caravan to gain a resource, can I also occupy said caravan spot to use it for income generation next time it is phase I?

I would think yes.

Edit: sorry, you have to own a province before you can put can put caravans on it. I think Circe doesn't overrule that prerequisite.

Quote:
And when pillaging, do you simply store the extra commodities next to your coins, etc?

Yes, behind your dashboard, so you can use them next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AsgerSG wrote:

I would say no. Because Circe description states, that a legion acts as a caravan. You do not get any resources from caravan not in province under your control. This is different than occupation.
In other words: In case of Circe legion = caravan. Caravan in foreign province gives you nothing.

You can pillage, take control and then when you place legion in caravan spot using Circe it will generate resources for you.

Of what you are saying was possible then Circe would be very powerfull... So powerfull that it could cause end of game in 3 turns tops (get some legions in turn 1, get circe in turn 2, build piramids afterwards (since it is very possible to use those legions to get resources from surrounding uncontrolled/enemy provinces + possible pillaged resources from enemy caravans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximilien ASYNCRON games
France
flag msg tools
There is a missing point in the English rules of Circe: the province must be one of yours or a neutral province without any opponent's units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Maximilien wrote:
There is a missing point in the English rules of Circe: the province must be one of yours or a neutral province without any opponent's units.

Wow .. so in the French rules you can use them in a neutral/yet unoccupied province?
That would definitely make Circe already a bit stronger!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry - late to the discussion ... so Circe power does mean that a legion can get a resource in a neutral province? Please clarify.

OK - It seems to have been addressed in the FAQ. Apologies for the drama!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ says:

Quote:
Designer: Legions remain legions, and can collect resources in a province you control or where there are no enemy military forces.

It still doesn't tell me whether a neutral province is included there. I guess I can extrapolate from that statement to say "a neutral province can be harvested by a legion so long as that province doesn't have any enemy military forces in it." Is that what is intended? I played a game that way and it was indeed very powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, looking at the FAQ it does seem that you can enter a 'neutral' territory and claim a resource. It's especially useful to claim one of the very rare resources and then going for the 5th leader win. I've only played the game twice. We initially thought Hercules was the best for the +2 bonus to all three columns (esp for black) but there are other strong leaders out there too!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.