Subject: RSP amusement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For kicks check out the Kingdom Death: Monster forums and wander into one of the many many sexuality based threads. It's amusing to watch the trsin wrecks in motion. The SUSD review thread is a good one. It really shows you people from all walks oc life, and it is fun to watch how the arguments unfold along predictable lines.

Just a little voyeuristic entertainment to share, bringing [S] to RSP a touch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure thing, oops this first one was actually in general, my bad.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1678631/feeling-honestly-si...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1690755/susd-reviews-kdm

Some good old KS hate:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1685865/not-sure-about-dire...

There's more, and it's also just interlaced across multiple threads, but I'l admit the sheer volume of topics folks are vommiting onto that forum is huge. It's like diving into reddit. You find gems in random places amid the filth, and by Gems I mean crystallized turds.

For my 2 cents I find it mechanically interesting, but no way I'd plunk down that much for a game I couldn't play in a public setting. I think SUSD hits a lot of the right notes in their review. Either you've got the free dosh you don't care if it sits on your shelf or you're committing yourself to putting an insane amount of time into the game to recoup your investment, and that's if you're content to play it solo(why not try a videogame?) If you're looking to hook your mates in then you're going to have to proselytize for this game hard, and convince them why they should be playing it instead of other things at Every Game Night.

It's akin to taking up M:TG only it's not as socially acceptable. Avante Garde is definitely a legitimate thing, but it's hard to sustain over the duration needed to recoup this investment as compared to other board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaat, you think the human-faced sway-titted frog creature that births puppies out of the vagina mouths in it's backfaces is purile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
The kung fu hippie from Gansta City
mbmbmbmbmb
People who are into minis have a sickness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that people have collectively pledged over 8 million dollars for minis promised by a guy with what appears to me to be a reasonable level of skill at sculpting and drawing hypersexualized fantasy themed women (or hiring others to do so) but without basic language skills is absolutely mindblowing.

The threads don't jump out to me as interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
JoshBot wrote:

No, board gamers who are into mini's have a sickness. It's like this hobby just discovered mini's exist and go apeshit over any game with a mini.

As someone who started out with tabletop mini's and transitioned over to board games I just shake my head sometimes.

This.

From discussions I've hard with people going board->Minis they seriously have no idea what they are in for. ~200$ on paints and brushes, a 3'x5' semi-permanent surface with good lighting for workspace. The wonderful joys of superglue and all the things it can do to both plastic and flesh. And then once you've got that all done, finding blokes willing to play with you. At least each player doesn't need their own kit with this.

Granted I seriously do miss my days of playing Flames of War. I painted the hell out of stuff for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
The fact that people have collectively pledged over 8 million dollars for minis promised by a guy with what appears to me to be a reasonable level of skill at sculpting and drawing hypersexualized fantasy themed women (or hiring others to do so) but without basic language skills is absolutely mindblowing.

The threads don't jump out to me as interesting.

Fair enough. the SUSD one gets a couple anti-'SJW' types roaming around, and dances across the usual 'buy the guys are half naked too' arguments and fumbling discussions on sexualization. It amused me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
The kung fu hippie from Gansta City
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
JoshBot wrote:

No, board gamers who are into mini's have a sickness. It's like this hobby just discovered mini's exist and go apeshit over any game with a mini.
I agree with this modification of my statement. It more accurately reflects what I meant to communicate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see why the game is controversial, and why some would find it tasteless. There's nothing wrong with expressing your feelings about it.

However, it does irk me when someone asserts how another person should feel about art. These types of discussions often peak with one side stating that everybody should feel offended and the other insisting that nobody should feel offended. It goes from expression to tastemaking.

Sarah and I love the art, theme, and game. If other people don't, that's cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

For my 2 cents I find it mechanically interesting, but no way I'd plunk down that much for a game I couldn't play in a public setting. I think SUSD hits a lot of the right notes in their review. Either you've got the free dosh you don't care if it sits on your shelf or you're committing yourself to putting an insane amount of time into the game to recoup your investment, and that's if you're content to play it solo(why not try a videogame?) If you're looking to hook your mates in then you're going to have to proselytize for this game hard, and convince them why they should be playing it instead of other things at Every Game Night.

Paying in with some friends for it, I want to note that the 'place to play it' is a very interesting point; themes aside, that's not a game you lug anywhere, it's a game that lives in one place.

We have 4 people lined up (core couple buying the game, 2 others buyind add-ons) so we're prepped to play in their space. I think really that kind of set up is the only way the game works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilthuain wrote:
I can see why the game is controversial, and why some would find it tasteless. There's nothing wrong with expressing your feelings about it.

However, it does irk me when someone asserts how another person should feel about art. These types of discussions often peak with one side stating that everybody should feel offended and the other insisting that nobody should feel offended. It goes from expression to tastemaking.

Sarah and I love the art, theme, and game. If other people don't, that's cool.

This is a good point that said as Shad pointed out in the original thread, the whole "no no these boobie devil girls in their fantasy bikinis are like TOTALLY ARTISTIC MAN" series of posts you see in these threads is kind of hilarious.

Yes, there are many great artistic nudes. Not 100% sure that I see any of said nudes in KD:M however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how they're painted ><

Looks pretty artistically treated to me ><

https://www.coolminiornot.com/391299?browseid=18203546

The best one on CMoN is this amazing flower knight, but it's not tawdry so I couldn't use it in this context.

Here it is anyways tho:

https://www.coolminiornot.com/350515?browseid=18203546
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Seeing as how every board game group I have ever been to is full of "let's play a new game every week" along with the "I would rather play many quick games instead of a long game" mentality in the community I am surprised that many people want a campaign style game.

Yeah, but... have you seen what this community of elite boardgamers has crowned the #1 game in the world?

(I guess the counter-argument would be Seafall, though.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Flower Knight is gay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
I just found that the game just plain sucks. I was extremely bored while playing it. Why anyone would pay $800 or more for a shitty game is beyond me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I just found that the game just plain sucks. I was extremely bored while playing it. Why anyone would pay $800 or more for a shitty game is beyond me.

Taste may vary. People spent $8,000,000 largely because of the massively positive reviews V1.0 got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

I AM NOT SPENDING HOURS FONDLING AND PAINTING MINIATURE BIKINI GIRLS. THIS IS A BOARD GAME AND ITS CLASSY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Seeing as how every board game group I have ever been to is full of "let's play a new game every week" along with the "I would rather play many quick games instead of a long game" mentality in the community I am surprised that many people want a campaign style game.

Yeah, but... have you seen what this community of elite boardgamers has crowned the #1 game in the world?

(I guess the counter-argument would be Seafall, though.)

Speaking of things being fun for RSP, I got a lot of enjoyment out of the "OMG PANDEMIC LEGACY IS PASSING TWILIGHT STRUGGLE!" drama. People were so mad ><
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
I spent too much money on Pax Porfiriana and High Frontiers. I found that each game just plain sucked.

That's it; your RSP privileges are revoked. Get out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
I spent too much money on Pax Porfiriana and High Frontiers. I found that each game just plain sucked.

That's it; your RSP privileges are revoked. Get out.

High frontier, I've gotta say, has the most beautiful game board in the hobby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my 4 person campaign crew together and finally sorted out our order.

Including estimated shipping, the whole enchilada ends up being a little more than $1k. I'm comfortable with this.

At least it's cheaper than collecting pinball machines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
utoption2 wrote:
Missing the antecedent, sorry. Campaign crew for what game? I am guessing KD:M?

Correct. I'm looking forward to painting these little horrors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.