Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Troyes has sat on my shelf for several years without play. When I first got it I played a handful of games before shelving it dissatisfied.

I've been searching for solo variants givig me an opportunity to re-evaluate a lot of games. Troyes solo play gave me an excuse to play.

I am looking back and thinking to myself oh my! "How did I ever shelf this game". There is a lot of depth and cut throat interaction. Every turn has meaningful decisions and no opportunity to maximize point differential should be over looked.

With every play I'm noting additional strategies for the future.

I sincerely can't believe how much I undervalued this game. I have jumped my ranking from 7 to 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

That's great to hear...other than getting it to "table" on Board Game Arena, I might play it at our Game Night only a few times a year. The solo rules will definitely make this a "go to" game in 2017!

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:
Troyes has sat on my shelf for several years without play. When I first got it I played a handful of games before shelving it dissatisfied.

I've been searching for solo variants givig me an opportunity to re-evaluate a lot of games. Troyes solo play gave me an excuse to play.

I am looking back and thinking to myself oh my! "How did I ever shelf this game". There is a lot of depth and cut throat interaction. Every turn has meaningful decisions and no opportunity to maximize point differential should be over looked.

I sincerely can't believe how much I undervalued this game. I have jumped my ranking from 7 to 9.

Are you playing a solo fan variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anaturalharmonic wrote:
notyetsuperman wrote:

Are you playing a solo fan variant?

If the rumors are true they re realeased the game in 2016 with a solo Variant. I own a 2010 version so I can't verify. Either way the variant is accessible on BGG and the PDF looks official.

I just caught wind of it this week. The solo experience provided more of a challenging than some game groups I've been a part of. I had to re evaluate my heuristics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Compton
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up the game this week and can confirm the solo variant rules are in the 2016 edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robertcompton wrote:
Picked up the game this week and can confirm the solo variant rules are in the 2016 edition.

So I have the first edition pearl games edition (in french). I don't really want to buy the new edition.

Are there any other differences with the game besides adding this variant in the rule book that I should be aware of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anaturalharmonic wrote:
robertcompton wrote:

So I have the first edition pearl games edition (in french). I don't really want to buy the new edition.

Are there any other differences with the game besides adding this variant in the rule book that I should be aware of?

Since you own the original Don't bother with the reprint. The solo rules are hear.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/73801/troyes-solo-rules-e...

The English version is not up to date compared to the French version. This will will cover the gaps.

You are playing a two player game. Starting player is random. If La Roy can not buy a die from you he uses his dice and does not pay you. If La Roy can not place a meeple in a building (follow eviction rules): La Roy will first try to push your meeple closer to exit. Any thing else and La Roy does not take an action.

Enjoy the game. .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.