Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't get into a full session report, but last night we played a five player game and in stage six successfully executed Hitler with the Coup D'etat plot card. One of the guys had the plot from the beginning and we worked together the whole game to set it up. Only one of us got arrested through the entire game which made it much easier to get things done. Two of the guys were playing their first game two were playing their second and for me it was my fifth.

This game truly gives you a sense of accomplishment when things come together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Posa
United States
Lebanon
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's one of the things I love about this game - that absolutely real feeling of accomplishment when all the elements come together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Pensyl
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Serene and stately, the Aurochs are natural diplomats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Chris!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Smith
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kinga1965 wrote:
I won't get into a full session report, but last night we played a five player game and in stage six successfully executed Hitler with the Coup D'etat plot card. One of the guys had the plot from the beginning and we worked together the whole game to set it up. Only one of us got arrested through the entire game which made it much easier to get things done. Two of the guys were playing their first game two were playing their second and for me it was my fifth.

This game truly gives you a sense of accomplishment when things come together.

After two defeats (everyone in Jail) we ousted Hitler with a Coup D'etat in a similar manner (using Beck) and an Officer late in Stage 4 or early in Stage 5. We also stayed out of jail the whole time. All three player games.

It is one co-op game where "winning" feels really, really good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Impressive! In about 20 plays we haven't been able to pull off an assassination in stage 6 or 7. If we haven't accomplished it by early 5 then we know we are doomed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've managed 2 wins in 4 games. 1 solo win with Poison Food (Round 3). 1 win in a 4-player game with Derail Train (Round 6 -- with the help of a "reroll one plot die".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 4P game last night, the Beck player played the Lone Gunman plot and took out Hitler near the end of Deck 5. We had some very useful conspiracy cards, and managed to quickly knock the Reich's military value down from 7 via card events and conspiracy die rolls.

The Gestapo was not as effective since several of their Raid event cards had been discarded.

It was our first win after several prior losses, and was quite exhilarating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, guys! Love reading these!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Lakeland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We slogged through a lengthy game into Stage 7 and drew the game-ending Event Card just 2 turns before we would have won! (Yeah, we played the extra turns just to see if it would have been successful had our documents NOT been discovered.

The next night, we saw everything fall in place VERY suddenly early in Stage 6 and assassinated Hitler with Poison Gas. This was my second "sudden win" with everything miraculously coming together to give us an unexpected chance. So we took it, hoped for a good roll, and won! I'm beginning to think that all of our "miraculously coming together" moments are more by game design than pure chance. If that ends up being the case, WELL DONE on the part of the designers. If it's just our own dumb luck, we'll then, yay for us dummies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my third solo game with the Diplomat and Theologian, I finally pulled it off. I had several plot runs with even or +1 dice advantage but all failed (but not detected!).

Finally in Stage 6, I tried derailing the train (again) along with a Recruited Officer. I was one success short and had a detection roll but I rerolled it with Quick Reaction. A 1. :/

I was about give up when I realized I had another Quick Reaction. Third success!

12 million lives saved!

Such a fun game and very tightly designed.

edit: should add it was Standard Difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo da
msg tools
Had an extremely lucky stage 2 kill with two friends playing for their first time and me playing my second game. Friend A lowered our extreme suspicions by 1 with a restricted and drew an event that dropped Hitler's support to starting value (2). Friend B used card to grab a random item which ended up being the map friend A needed and traded it. He drew a gestapo raid. On my turn, I drew the event the Nuremberg meeting that allowed friend A to pass through Nuremberg to lower suspicion and moved Hitler from his fortified space, another condition on friend A's plot card. He rolled 4 dice and got the 2 targets needed. We were stunned by our good luck and had a good laugh about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie Orris
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have managed 3 wins in 7 plays, but none in 2 player games. One success in stage 4, one in stage 6, but I forget the other one.

This feels about right to me. Not too easy, so it does feel tense while playing and satisfying when you pull it off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.