Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, is there something in the game that tells me which agenda and act cards are appropriate for a scenario? I'm ok now, thanks to previous threads on BGG and the card list on Arkhamdb, but I'm still uncertain how I'd have managed without these resources.

Yes, the cards are numbered. Is there any kind of reference to tell me Agenda / Act cards X and Y are related to scenario A or B?

I'm still deeply confused as to why this wasn't included in the scenario set-up guide (hence this "did I miss something" post).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have the same symbols on them as the locations for the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Just curious, is there something in the game that tells me which agenda and act cards are appropriate for a scenario? I'm ok now, thanks to previous threads on BGG and the card list on Arkhamdb, but I'm still uncertain how I'd have managed without these resources.

Yes, the cards are numbered. Is there any kind of reference to tell me Agenda / Act cards X and Y are related to scenario A or B?

I'm still deeply confused as to why this wasn't included in the scenario set-up guide (hence this "did I miss something" post).

Act and agenda cards have an encounter set icon (above the title), and the setup instructions tell you which encounter sets to use for a scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is kind of confusing, because the encounter sets can include act/agenda cards, location cards, player cards, NPC cards, etc, in addition to encounter cards. The first step in every setup is gathering all of the cards in the collection that have the appropriate encounter set symbols. Then you should have all the cards you need except the player decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Great Googly Moogly!
badge
That's the sealiest thing I've ever heard!
mbmbmbmbmb
What Craig said.

You can see that this has the torch icon that is for "The Gathering", right at the top of the text. This one is numbered 2/16 in the bottom right. All 16 cards of this set are numbered there and have the torch icon somewhere on the card. I could see why it would be beneficial for that torch to maybe also be down there next to 2/16, but you shouldn't be shuffling your different scenarios together in any way where this should really matter for the act/agenda cards. The other numbering of the cards puts the sets in order as well (105 for this card, 106 for agenda 2, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
supermarino wrote:
... you shouldn't be shuffling your different scenarios together in any way where this should really matter for the act/agenda cards.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
There is an Agenda card for Scenario Two that can end up in Scenario Three, and get mixed with Scenario Three Victory cards by the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.