3 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Kitchen Debates played by the USSR rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Probert
msg tools
mbmb
I came across something interesting. Kitchen Debates is a US card and was played by the USSR at a point where the event triggered. However the card says, "You gain victory points" and on every game I've played that means the person playing the card. However that would mean the USSR gains points for the US beating them AND for playing a US event! That makes no sense! But I can't find anything anywhere to contradict that. Someone please tell me what's correct AND what rules support that. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stibitzki
Germany
flag msg tools
Rule 5.2 wrote:
NOTE: When playing a card for operations and it triggers your
opponent’s event, your opponent implements the event text as if
they had played the card themselves.

Since the US implements the event, the "you" refers to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm looking at scans of an older printing, but the word "you" doesn't appear on the card at all.

In any case, the US player always resolves US events. The USSR player only chooses whether they spend their operations points before or after.

Likewise, if the US plays a Soviet event, they decide whether to conduct operations before or after the event resolves, but the resolution is controlled entirely by the USSR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.