BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Discontinued, out of print, solo euro games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Murray
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I am somewhat new to game board collecting and playing and I can afford to buy a couple games per month. With that being said I want to build a respectable collection so when I buy a game, I want to start getting ones before they become difficult to find. I like my games to have a solo option, have a somewhat large footprint, and a decent level of complexity. Thank you for recommendations and keep in mind I'm looking to 'time' my purchases to add games to my collection that may be hard to find soon. The games I already own are listed below:

Freedom: the Underground Railroad
Zombicide
Robinson Crusoe
A Touch of Evil
Eldritch Horror
Time Stories
Mice and Mystics
Apex
The gallerist
Scythe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say what might go out of print anytime soon but here are two games with very good solo options that I enjoy a lot.

Snowdonia - yes, you are shooting for points but the solo play feels very much like the multiplayer game.

Lewis & Clark - you are playing against a dummy player who is inexorably moving one space per turn but the puzzly gameplay is fantastic and there are ways to adjust the difficulty. And, it has a beautiful look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.