Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
clay stretch
United States
louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have addressed the questions brought forth regarding line of site, we are giving the third scenario another go tonight (scored a couple bottles of burgundy for this, blocks and wine!). Anyway----- we really have not had any negative issues regarding hexes when comparing them to offset grids. The play is still enjoyable as always, last night the French were pulverized but the Russian right collapsed. I use standard D6 as you can see in the picture (I think they are in the picture) the left flank fleche's along the semi nova strean are frontal defense only, indicated by the D6 faced with a 2 showing the 2 front approaches defensible. The one on the 'edge of the world is somewhat of an enigma. Also I break down combat as follows, similar to the Ancient results- 1 is a foot soldier, 2 is a cavalryman, 3, artillery hit, 4 is a melee crossed sword/bayonet hit, 5 is a run-away, 6 is a leader. (When I am using the red and green decks). Otherwise, a 1 is ALWAYS a miss, 2,3,4 is a soldier,trooper,gunner casualty, 5 is a melee casualty, 6 is a runaway. I always thought the PBI died way too fast, especially the poor Russians, poor bastards.....mother Russia, Cossacks all go to three Sotnias per regiment. Batteries stay as is, I put all line and jeager regiments at four blocks, then I select 6 regiments ant pull one block to make it a three block regiment, roll 6 dice, evens they recover the 4th block, odds, it's gone to garrison.
The more I play this game the more I love this game, you can tweak it, and it doesn't really break, unless you do something really unthinkable to it. I have played a lot of napoleonic wargames both board and especially miniature as well as ancients, and even reading the purist naysayers who expound in disagreements that "it really isn't Napoleonics" I have to say I respectfully disagree. I think you get the same tactical picture at the end of the issue playing these games as you do filing thru say, 90 pages of "Valmy to empire V." I can't wait for the Revywar set.
My opinions only. And read the review from the gentleman from Russia, well stated, and thoroughly thought through. Guy deserves a bag of geek gold for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clay stretch
United States
louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
]]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.