Subject: Massive, Reach, and Line of Sight Q rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Q
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As per rules book for Reach...The attacking figure must have line of sight to the target in order to make this attack.

As per rules book for Massive...Figures do not block line of sight to or from a Massive figure.

So if a melee fighter with reach has a figure, friendly or hostile, adjacent to it and between a massive figure (in this case General Weiss), the melee fighter with reach has line of sight and can make the attack on General Weiss as per Massive?

I can't help but think this line of sight rule should only apply to range weapons as that would make for quite an acrobatic melee attack...one that would not be allowed if General Weiss was not Massive...

We played yes and Gaarkhan was able to make his attack with his force pike, just want to confirm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's all correct.

Have you noticed that Rancor has Reach and is Massive?

(Of course Reach also requires that the target space is within 2 spaces.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I guess thematically it makes sense. Consider, for instance, a skirmish between Mercs and Imperials. I suppose it's not too crazy to imagine a Royal guard using reach to stab upward toward a Bantha Rider, over the head of a Trandoshan Hunter. Or, in a different example expanding on what Pasi said, seeing a Rancor reach its claws over a stormtrooper to punch an AT-ST.

And now I just realized I need to get more into skirmish so I can see some sweet AT-ST/ Rancor fights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Q
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks for the confirmation.

I just picked up my Jabba's Realm today. I put the Rancor together loosely and just started laughing.

Obi-Wan and Vader have decided it's best to set aside their differences just this once!

So excited to get this played!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
quigman wrote:

I just picked up my Jabba's Realm today. I put the Rancor together loosely and just started laughing.

Obi-Wan and Vader have decided it's best to set aside their differences just this once!

The Rancor is so big! Looking at the pictures, I hadn't expected it to be pretty much as big as the AT-ST. I love it!

No wonder it can have reach!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Q
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only bad thing about the Rancor mini is that when it's put together, it doesn't fit into the boxcry

Oh well, will have to figure out storage all over again.

It will fit in the core box with no issues...other than mine is full of everything else.

Shmep, time to put Twin Shadows, Hoth, and Bespin Gambit to better use!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reepicheep Catsbane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quigman wrote:

The new rebel heroes were not so fortunate...

And yeah, seeing all the rancor pieces in the box brought back a child-like glee for me-- like opening a lego box. This has been the most fun expansion to open to date. I'm really excited to play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.