Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules version that everyone received is the play-test version 0.7 as shown on the top of the page in your rule-books. This is not the correct version. The correct version is 0.95 and will be mailed to everyone next week.

Fortunately, I have been working from my copy to answer questions which is correct.

I have uploaded the corrected version as a pdf in the files section. The text in it is correct. Please use this until the corrected hard-copy arrives at your door.

Thanks for understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just to be clear, the rules that are currently being shipped with the SHOW stuff are NOT the final rules? ...and thanks for correcting the mistake
+1thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This post is confusing.

What are you talking about? I just looked on the top of the page in my rule book and I see nothing of what you are referring to.

Are you talking about Sergeants D-Day or the new expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new expansion, Hell on Wheels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelwmcfall wrote:
This post is confusing.

What are you talking about? I just looked on the top of the page in my rule book and I see nothing of what you are referring to.

Are you talking about Sergeants D-Day or the new expansion?

My bad. Sorry for the confusion. This references SHOW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, that makes much more sense.

Context, keep it in context!

Sorry if I came across less than my pleasant self.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
<Not meant to be a negative post>

I keep hoping LBG will solve its quality control and production issues (more releases) but it never seems to happen. I have been buying games from LBG for a LOT of years (near the beginning?) and keep watching this happen. Most of the problems get fixed (sometimes years later - I still have my eyeballs on you Battlelines) and the games have all been playable and mostly fun (Battlelines is fun even though I am about 15%-25% sure I played it wrong).

I love the game, really. I will keep buying as it is actually one of my favorites (I also like Up Front and many other tactical WWII skirmish games). It hits a lot of the right buttons for me.

Small company with ideas bigger than its ability to produce (in a timely and correct fashion). Innovation has a price, and I keep paying it going on 13 years now. I do grumble occasionally.

Hang in there. I look forward to receiving my copies of the SHOW material!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
<Not meant to be a negative post>

I keep hoping LBG will solve its quality control and production issues (more releases) but it never seems to happen. I have been buying games from LBG for a LOT of years (near the beginning?) and keep watching this happen. Most of the problems get fixed (sometimes years later - I still have my eyeballs on you Battlelines) and the games have all been playable and mostly fun (Battlelines is fun even though I am about 15%-25% sure I played it wrong).

I love the game, really. I will keep buying as it is actually one of my favorites (I also like Up Front and many other tactical WWII skirmish games). It hits a lot of the right buttons for me.

Small company with ideas bigger than its ability to produce (in a timely and correct fashion). Innovation has a price, and I keep paying it going on 13 years now. I do grumble occasionally.

Hang in there. I look forward to receiving my copies of the SHOW material!

Great post. Part of the reason I got involved in this whole thing was the need to get a handle on quality control. I'm becoming more insistent on having near-production ready components in hand or at lease a graphic before I write. It's not perfect, but much better than it used to be. Still, there is the geographic distance that prevents me from knowing what goes into "the box" during the final production run, but I am pretty dogged in getting things corrected quickly. It will get better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot it takes a while for BGG to post files. Hopefully the correct version I uploaded will pop up tomorrow in the files section.

While I'm waiting on getting access to the website to start a FAQ, I'm compiling a document to place in the file section that will contain errata, addenda, and clarifications. It will be the basis for an updated rules set as the game evolves.

I'm making every effort to stay on top of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I "helped" with the 2,0 rules. I wanted to do more but failing health has really slowed me down. I appreciate all the volunteers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I "helped" with the 2,0 rules. I wanted to do more but failing health has really slowed me down. I appreciate all the volunteers!
our names will forever by stamped on the ver. 2 rules. We actually had fun back then trying to get the rules "write" ...good luck Jeff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The correct SHOW pdf is now available in the file section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
skippykaos wrote:

Thanks Jeff...any idea when these will be mailed out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
skippykaos wrote:

It's queued up for production, but I'll check.

Did you get all your stuff? You know I worry about you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
skippykaos wrote:
MayorJim wrote:
skippykaos wrote:

It's queued up for production, but I'll check.

Did you get all your stuff? You know I worry about you.

Lol! Not yet...but it's scheduled for today's delivery via UPS...they deliver as late as 7:00 or so...still have 2 hours to go. Thanks for the concern...meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, got my 12 pounds of goodies at 6:30 today....but, am missing my PzKpfw IVH mini! I have sent an email to Debbie at LBGs to get this fixed...but that will take at least another week to ten days at a minimum I would assume yuk In any event, all the other stuff arrived in good order. Hopefully Monday or so I can go through it all in more detail. Thanks to those who got their stuff ahead of me to alert me to some possible issues with cards and the rules screw up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery McCulloch
United States
Buda
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
Well, got my 12 pounds of goodies at 6:30 today....but, am missing my PzKpfw IVH mini! I have sent an email to Debbie at LBGs to get this fixed...but that will take at least another week to ten days at a minimum I would assume yuk In any event, all the other stuff arrived in good order. Hopefully Monday or so I can go through it all in more detail. Thanks to those who got their stuff ahead of me to alert me to some possible issues with cards and the rules screw up...

The PzIV should be 2-day priority mail via USPS, so you should get it by Wednesday at the latest. My four vehicles and two modules came that way today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
skippykaos wrote:
MayorJim wrote:

The PzIV should be 2-day priority mail via USPS, so you should get it by Wednesday at the latest. My four vehicles and two modules came that way today.

I hope you're right...it is also supposed to be a named vehicle so that might slow it down a bit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.