Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillermo Rico Tipper
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi!

Well, pretty much thats the question itself, I´ve seen people with custom playmat, I wish I could get a hang around a few of mats to see how they are like but I have to base myself with measuring by head. Here is the thing:
Between the american measurements, sleeved cards, and the fact that I want a playmat for Adventure as much as for Investigator ... I´m totally confused with what I need modest First of all, sorry for my bad english, alltho I work talking in this language, I understand that writing isn´t precisely my strong point. Talking about points, to the subject:

For the Investigator section you need at least to save up for 15 card slots.
-9 1 for Inventory. (Head, spells x2, body, hand x2, asset x3)
-1 for Deck.
-1 for Discard.
-1 for Investigator
-2 for Allies
-1 (atleast) for Tokens (Clues, health, brain and resources.)

For the Adventures, after playing the second part, you need a solid 3x3 (Thats 9) plus monster slots. Trying to not put cards over cards, I´ll adventure myself to put this as a 5x4. 20 slots. I would adventure up to say that you can crample monsters to 1/2 of the location card so that would just ocupy 5x3, 15 slots.
-5 for Monsters.
-5 for Locations.
-5 for Locations.
(-5 for Monsters If not crampled.)

So! That´s basicly a 5wx3h+5x3. One fantasy flight sleeve/sleeved card is 2,6378"x 3,70079" (67 mm x 94 mm). That creates a need of 13,189"x11,1024" x2= 26,378"x22,2048" - That´s literally with no space between cards once you have all the cards on the table.

Been considering myself buying a 28" x 24" mat:
http://www.inkedgaming.com/collections/custom/products/two-p...

But before I do, and before I adventure myself in a tremendous Photoshop work,
¿anyone knows if there is something better?
Also any advice will come in handy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Great Googly Moogly!
badge
That's the sealiest thing I've ever heard!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should consider the official "Countless Terrors" playmat for the scenario. https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/10/gatewa...

No matter how many players you have, that works well for being the board and place for all the cards. If it's only you playing solo, you can use the bottom of that for your player cards, or get/make a second playmat for your investigators. There are some nice ones posted as files here you can download, or just make something you like. I will say, I was planning on making my own with slots for cards, but there is enough variability that I wouldn't want to have something be specifically a hand slot, or an ally slot - I'd always be slightly annoyed when I get some card that adds additional hand slots and I don't have a formal place to put them on my mat.

Also, if you do make one for yourself, don't forget your Threat Area - where encounter cards (like Enemies and Treacheries) may end up. The bottom of the Countless Terrors mat is good for that too, even if your investigator uses a second mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Schaupp
Germany
Karlsbad
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For the investigator section, here the playmat I created. It has all the requirements you have in your playmat. Maybe it inspiers you for your design.
Necronomicon Style playmat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillermo Rico Tipper
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you both!

I´m already aware of FFG Playmats. The thing is I don´t like so much "freedom" in the playout of the playmat, I like the picture to order a bit the scenario, otherwise it gets messed up a lot... with that said, I don´t mean to put every slot named, just something to "arrange" stuff together. Since I will probably finish the .psd in the next two month, I´ll have more than enough time to see how the game evolves with the upcoming expansion.

I´m strongly thinking of building two separate ones. Will be seing with what you guys tell me and find out on tha web, already searched half of google and full content in this page... I´ll give it a few months for the great minds to give me some inspiration(That also includes you StaggerLee :3) but want also to give to anyone without the tools to get an "adventure playmat" rather than just the investigator mat.

Oh, and by the way, Merry Christmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titus M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TownDusk wrote:
That creates a need of 13,189"x11,1024" x2= 26,378"x22,2048" - That´s literally with no space between cards once you have all the cards on the table.

I just wanted to notice that you want two grids of size ~ 13x11, so you only need to double the width or the height. Since you doubled both you should have plenty of extra space for your threat area (room for a 10x6 grid of cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillermo Rico Tipper
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I was playing with Photoshop right now, and was thinking how on earth I managed to fit things considering the border can get deleted in the cutting...

Thanks for the tip! xD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kris Diepvens
Belgium
Halen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to obtain the "Countless Terrors" playmat (perfect size in my opinion) but FF delivers to europe (little tiny belgium guy here) for about 55 dollars...
Anyone knows of a solution (one that's less expensive ?) - In fact finding decent playmats in europe isn't the easiest thing (and yes I checked google, but besides MTG and some other LCG... poor offer)
Arkham LCG play mats coming to EU soon ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're interested, I made a custom play mat for investigators that includes all of your above requirements:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/140207/player-dashboard

There's an inkedgaming version, but if you'd like to test it out, the original version is just two letter sized pages side by side (what I use) but without a threat area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillermo Rico Tipper
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Happy new year!

Making use of my two free days, I´ve managed to mush things a little bit for the 28"x24" mat. After measuring my table it fits just too perfectly to not use this size. So, just in case there is somebody else that has my own concerns about a solo mat with an inspired atmosphere, I´ve been collecting all the Lovecraft resources I´ve been in touch through my years, there is quite a few! And quite a few more to come, just for the update:

The only "almost ready" bit is the one that is labeled red. Also, 1/4" will be removed from the sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.