Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Question up front:
The decks used for the "Learnin' To Play In One Dang Turn" walkthrough, in the "Gettin' To Know Gomorra" book, are 52 card decks. Yet the walkthrough uses only a portion of each deck (30 cards for the Lawdogs & 28 for the Sloan Gang). Considering that all cards of both decks are each specifically listed by name, it raises the question of the purpose behind the unused 22/24 cards, and more to the point, if they're even needed?

Why I'm Asking:
I'm just getting into this game (hoping to, anyway). I asked here a few months back about which packs to buy now that the series has been cancelled. You provided great advice which I took and now I have the collection I want and have organized it. I've also gone through the Walkthrough and since mixed the "Walkthrough cards" in with the rest of the collection. Which brings me to...

I hope to hook a few friends or family members on to the game (at least enough to want to indulge me once in a while). To that end, I expect to use the Walkthrough script as an aid, which of course requires rebuilding the Walkthrough decks!

So to that end, I downloaded the Walkthrough decklists. But a glance at the decklists and a review of the Walkthrough script makes it clear that only about half of each deck is ever used, yet the unused cards are individually listed despite. Why? Is there a need for them later?

I'm asking really, only to confirm that I see no reason whatsoever to include the unused cards when I rebuild the Walkthrough decks. Is this a good assumption to work with?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the walkthrough, they say to keep playing the deck. I would teach using the walkthrough and then finish out the game to help cement what the other person just learned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soulblight
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah you don't have to stop playing when the guide ends mid-game. I think the intent was to continue to play out the game now that you had a feel for how it worked.

Why the specific order of the unused cards? Who knows!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Robinson
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What they said!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

OK, guys... thx! That makes sense.

Yeah, I was more curious about why those specific extra cards. But thanks to your replies, when I think about it, it makes sense that they had to fill out the decks with something, right? So why not those? And as long as they're at it, why not put a little thought into it?

Again, thanks for helping me answer my own question!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.