Rob Herman
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally assembled this combo today (in the first game of rseater's campaign challenge). On their own, Consistency and Chaotic Aura are two of my favorite skills because of their ability to turn bad rolls into decent ones. Together, for the price of one pink die and 6 blue, ALL YOUR DICE BECOME SIXES. The poor Dragon didn't have a chance

There's only one of each of those skills in the deck, and they're both on 4 XP cards, so you're far from guaranteed to assemble this combo in a given game. But the skills are good enough on their own that picking either one up is worth your time.

(I'm not sure if they stay as good in 2P when they're only affecting half the dice, but I only play 1P.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is a pretty crazy combo. Chaotic Aura in general is very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shipham
Germany
Jüterbog
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sitnaltax wrote:
I finally assembled this combo today (in the first game of rseater's campaign challenge). On their own, Consistency and Chaotic Aura are two of my favorite skills because of their ability to turn bad rolls into decent ones. Together, for the price of one pink die and 6 blue, ALL YOUR DICE BECOME SIXES. The poor Dragon didn't have a chance

There's only one of each of those skills in the deck, and they're both on 4 XP cards, so you're far from guaranteed to assemble this combo in a given game. But the skills are good enough on their own that picking either one up is worth your time.

(I'm not sure if they stay as good in 2P when they're only affecting half the dice, but I only play 1P.)

I hadn't picked up on that one yet - I really love Cleave + Chaotic Aura. It almost guarantees you to get five dice you can change to 6s.
But while Consistency allows you to change up to all of your dice to 4s, Chaotic Aura only allows you to change five dice. I don't mean to spoil your enjoyment, but perhaps you've been changing too many dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Snugiraffe wrote:
Sitnaltax wrote:

I hadn't picked up on that one yet - I really love Cleave + Chaotic Aura. It almost guarantees you to get five dice you can change to 6s.
But while Consistency allows you to change up to all of your dice to 4s, Chaotic Aura only allows you to change five dice. I don't mean to spoil your enjoyment, but perhaps you've been changing too many dice?

In v1.0 it was unlimited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Shipham
Germany
Jüterbog
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Snugiraffe wrote:
Sitnaltax wrote:

In v1.0 it was unlimited.

Ah, yeah, well. I came late to the party

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.