Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Probably a dumb question, but... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I've bought a ton of Imperial Assault stuff over the past year or so but haven't had a chance to get it to the table (I have twin daughters that turned 3 the other day). They love helping me open new games, and well Star Wars almost anything is a winner in my book so I've stocked up on expansions knowing full well the glorious day of really sitting down and playing will happen someday.

With that said, here is the dumb question...for the expansion character packs I've got, I see that they have cards included. The full expansion (Bespin Gambit, Twin Shadows, etc.) seem to have cards for these characters. Do the new cards get mixed in, does the expansion cards get discarded, or are the characters primarily for Skirmish and its a combination of the two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
nyem24 wrote:
Hi all,

I've bought a ton of Imperial Assault stuff over the past year or so but haven't had a chance to get it to the table (I have twin daughters that turned 3 the other day). They love helping me open new games, and well Star Wars almost anything is a winner in my book so I've stocked up on expansions knowing full well the glorious day of really sitting down and playing will happen someday.

With that said, here is the dumb question...for the expansion character packs I've got, I see that they have cards included. The full expansion (Bespin Gambit, Twin Shadows, etc.) seem to have cards for these characters. Do the new cards get mixed in, does the expansion cards get discarded, or are the characters primarily for Skirmish and its a combination of the two?

The Deployment cards can be discarded if they are included in the base game or boxed expansions. Some of the reference cards are duplicates and can be added or not. Pretty much everything else gets mixed per the set-up rules. This means any rewards, scenarios, agendas, etc. Command cards and the skirmish scenarios can be set aside as they are just used for that version of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The boxed expansion has the deployment card and a token. The figure expansion has the deployment card(s) and a figure.

You will only need one copy for campaign (or just the campaign version for allies that have separate campaign and skirmish cards). Save the unneeded ones away with the skirmish command cards and skirmish missions and skirmish upgrade cards.

Each expansion tells you how it is integrated. The figure packs add side missions, agenda sets, rewards, and item cards which you add to their supplies. In addition to those, boxed expansions have also deployment cards, supply cards, heroes and their class cards. Keep the story missions separate (they have different backs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just be careful. Some Allies, such as Leia and R2, have different cards for Skirmish and campaign. Be sure that you have one of each. Typically, I just hold on to whatever cards came with the core set, and throw away the ones from the blisters. Probably wouldn't hurt to hold on to the extras, though, just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.