Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » General

Subject: Thematic Question (NO SPOILERS PLEASE!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering biting the bullet and actually buying this once-off experience for my gaming group. However, we are absolutely opposed to any magic, spells, or afterlife themes in games. While the base game's theme doesn't seem to have that, I wonder if any if the modules have it. Could you guys let me know which ones to avoid, without giving away any spoilers, please?

I would really appreciate it.

Also, I was wondering if the game is tradable after it's been played. It's not like Legacy games that are altered irrevocably, right? It's just a once-off because you know everything after the first time?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mh, you don't like magic themes. I think only Under the Mask will suit you, Marcy Case is a zombie theme and A Prophecy of Dragons is a fantasy theme.

Yes, you don't destroy anything, it's not a Legacy game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I dont think this game is for you...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Mh, you don't like magic themes. I think only Under the Mask will suit you, Marcy Case is a zombie theme and A Prophecy of Dragons is a fantasy theme.

Yes, you don't destroy anything, it's not a Legacy game.


Under the Mask has
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Magic/Spells
.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mentat1231 wrote:
...we are absolutely opposed to any magic, spells, or afterlife themes in games. While the base game's theme doesn't seem to have that


Spoiler (click to reveal)
I think you are mistaken. The base game DOES have that.


Suffice it to say, this game is NOT for you given your strong statement in the OP.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the responses! This has definitely helped me.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Mh, you don't like magic themes. I think only Under the Mask will suit you, Marcy Case is a zombie theme and A Prophecy of Dragons is a fantasy theme.

Yes, you don't destroy anything, it's not a Legacy game.


Under the Mask has
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Magic/Spells
.


Yeah, minimal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
lfisher wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Mh, you don't like magic themes. I think only Under the Mask will suit you, Marcy Case is a zombie theme and A Prophecy of Dragons is a fantasy theme.

Yes, you don't destroy anything, it's not a Legacy game.


Under the Mask has
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Magic/Spells
.


Yeah, minimal.
Yes, but "absolutely opposed" rules it out.

Michael, with your prohibition, you need to remove TIME Stories from your wishlist.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scooperman wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:
lfisher wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Mh, you don't like magic themes. I think only Under the Mask will suit you, Marcy Case is a zombie theme and A Prophecy of Dragons is a fantasy theme.

Yes, you don't destroy anything, it's not a Legacy game.


Under the Mask has
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Magic/Spells
.


Yeah, minimal.
Yes, but "absolutely opposed" rules it out.

Michael, with your prohibition, you need to remove TIME Stories from your wishlist.


Thank you. I'll move on to the next interesting possibility
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Have you considered Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective or Mars Investigations?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
Have you considered Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective or Mars Investigations?


Not yet. Why do you ask?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Mentat1231 wrote:
gschmidl wrote:
Have you considered Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective or Mars Investigations?


Not yet. Why do you ask?


I feel like they have a similar collaborative story exploration theme without the topics you were asking about.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
Mentat1231 wrote:
gschmidl wrote:
Have you considered Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective or Mars Investigations?


Not yet. Why do you ask?


I feel like they have a similar collaborative story exploration theme without the topics you were asking about.


Thanks for the suggestion!! I'll look into those for sure.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's wrong with magic, spells and afterlife themes?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.