Popular Tags: awards [+] [View All]
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, i know last year there were some awards given out and we were able to vote on games from varying categories. But i was wondering if maybe we could have a few other people choice type awards for perhaps the best gaming podcast or videocast, or best bgg contributers, reviewers etc.
A handful of pro-active people in this community do a great service for the majority and this might be a nice way to honor them. Any thoughts?

-
James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
While there are actually some online places that DO this, and I was part of them at one time before. Somebody else can step UP and do likewise, if they're willing and who's to say that they couldn't devise their OWN "ratings" system for it all as well, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Like Grog says, you could organize this yourself. For example, for a 'reviewer of the year award', create a geeklist in which users can suggest reviews written in a certain period (year?). Ask some active reviewers to make a selection out of these suggestions, such that between 5 and 10 nominees are left. Make a new geeklist in which users can vote for these 5 to 10 reviews (nominees). Ask the microbadge designers to design an award badge. After voting closes, you'll have a first winner for the 'reviewer of the year'. You could do the same for other categories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Loyd
United States
Sand Springs
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darlok wrote:
Well, i know last year there were some awards given out and we were able to vote on games from varying categories. But i was wondering if maybe we could have a few other people choice type awards for perhaps the best gaming podcast or videocast, or best bgg contributers, reviewers etc.
A handful of pro-active people in this community do a great service for the majority and this might be a nice way to honor them. Any thoughts?

I think that's a fun idea. It would be neat to honor some of these folks at the .con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bartell
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
I'll probably have a small trophy for anyone that can win Tim at an Axis and Allies board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Kruse
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And why not an "official award" for games?

I would love to see a game withe a small icon on the box telling "Game of the Year awarded by the BoardGameGeek community".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kruse wrote:
I would love to see a game withe a small icon on the box telling "Game of the Year awarded by the BoardGameGeek community".

You're talking about the Golden Geek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Kruse
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
kruse wrote:

You're talking about the Golden Geek

I guess I am. I just didn't know...

Thanks for enlighten me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
CraigBee wrote:
I'll probably have a small trophy for anyone that can win Tim at an Axis and Allies board game.
Just WHERE do they offer this "Tim" when you WIN at "Axis & Allies"? Is "shipping" included for that? Should we assume that he's "paper trained" as well? Also, do we need to keep HIM away from certain things, such as dangling cords with lamps and the like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua bogart
United States
kansas city
Missouri
flag msg tools
GROGnads wrote:
CraigBee wrote:
Just WHERE do they offer this "Tim" when you WIN at "Axis & Allies"? Is "shipping" included for that? Should we assume that he's "paper trained" as well? Also, do we need to keep HIM away from certain things, such as dangling cords with lamps and the like?

mostly just keep him away from "your mom" and "your sister". he will beg though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.