Popular Tags: [View All]
David Webb
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When this was sold out right before Christmas, I ordered a copy on the BGG Marketplace for $29. I just got it in and am very disappointed. This does not seem to be any legitimate version of the game that I have seen, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll upload a photo or two here in a few minutes.

What should I do now if it is counterfeit? Report the seller to BGG?

edit: it's a pain to post the image here. I've now seen the other versions of this copy further down the forum here and am sure it's one of those Chinese counterfeits. Everyone who's thinking about buying this just be careful. Beware the BGG Marketplace listings for this game since it's known that there are counterfeits out there. I'd only go with folks who have been around a while on this particular game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just looking at the images here there seems to be a lot of print and play versions people made on their own.
Probably not legal if someone created a print and play version and sold it to you.
If they were up front about that they were not selling a real copy I would not have bought it. If they claim that it was real version and it was not then you should be able to return it and get all your money back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet your got a knock off.

I asked a seller on BGG whether his copy was an official copy and he said "for that price, what do you think?" (it too was $29)

ugh!

I quickly canceled the order and went here and ordered a copy: http://maxistentialism.com/secrethitler/ It came right away and it's the official version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah if you look up the price history on the page here for the game there is one seller vinoada or something like that who sold 67 copies in December for 29.99. So yeah it would seem like he is making them or he bought a couple cases of them.
There is another seller jayjames who also sold more than one copy for 29.00 each.

Vinoada has a feedback rating of only 5. And 4 of those people who left feedback each only have a feedback rating of 1. One person who left feedback was jayjames. Seems kind of odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximilian Eberl
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please report these guys to BBG honest private sellers are getting a bad reputation because of idiots like them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also if you used PayPal as payment you may be able to file a claim through them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy ZJ
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are about 3-4 different versions of China-made bootleg copies floating around

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UP Games
Canada
flag msg tools
Yeah, looks like it's a knock off

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.