Subject: Portrait Card Questions - Missing Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Heilers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I received the base game for Christmas - the version with Expansions 1-3 included. I think I might be missing a few Portrait cards. Those cards were in the box, loose - even though the rest of the game was un-punched, and still shrink-wrapped. Now, the rule book mentions there should be 18 cards, but I only have 15: 6 'A" cards, 4 "B" cards, and 5 "C" cards. Now, even though the rule book states there are 18 cards, the detailed breakdown of their descriptions only lists 15 cards. But - these in the rule book, are different from what I have. I only have three of the Permanent cards, as opposed to the listed four. I am missing the Sexton. That card seems pretty powerful. Was it removed from the game, for balance purposes? From the "One Time Use" cards, I have several differences. I do NOT have a "Pretty Girl" card. I actually have TWO "Muse" cards, as opposed to the ONE mentioned in the rules. I have the "Muse" dressed in red sleeves, as shown in the rules (an "A" card). But I also have a "Muse" dressed in BLUE sleeves (and it is a "B" card! - but also worth "max mood"). I have the correct "Merchant" and the "Patron"...but, I have FOUR "Peer" cards (as opposed to the three, mentioned in the rules). I have one not shown in the rules: a "priestly"-looking gentleman, worth 4x Thalers, and 1x Red Cube.

What gives? Were there changes made in the cards, and not updated in the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are missing 3 Portrait cards, from your description, and it appears the wrap around them got loose before packing.

You are missing two "B" cards, the Pretty Girl, and Sexton, as you mentioned. You seem to be missing the Self Portrait "C" card, which is below the Pretty Girl card in the rulebook. All the other cards you have are correct.

You should be able to get replacements from Queen Games for the missing cards.

Steve
caltexn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Heilers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe I do have the "Self Portrait" C card. Isn't it the one that pictures "Leonardo" and is worth +3 VP and +1 Mood? Do you have any idea regarding the extra "Peer" card I described?

I have already emailed Queen (in Germany) about the situation. After reading the posts here, I am not counting on a reply, even though I will probably EVENTUALLY get new cards. Would the game be "broken" if I played it, without all of those cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'm not sure about the missing C card.

You need all 18 cards to give the players a portrait card to choose from in each round. You could play a game with 15 cards, you just would not have any for the 6th round, making that location not very useful in that round. Not game breaking, since it would affect all players the same. I say play it with the missing cards I think you would enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caltexn wrote:
I say play it with the missing cards I think you would enjoy it.

Agreed. Perhaps you could shuffle discards and use those for the last round, until your replacements arrive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Heilers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, that is what I figured I would do. What is the average response time from Queen Games? Will I get in 30-40 games, by the time I get replacements? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little late in replying as I have just seen this but check underneath the inner tray as they may have slipped behind it. I also thought I had lost pieces in another game but were hiding underneath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had that very problem myself with the Fresco Big Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.