Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Smith
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize that I am probably one of few people still paying attention to this game, because of making a software version of it - however:
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
if you are still out there, did you ever manage to complete this successfully while designing it? I did notice that in some of the screenshots that there are a lot more experience points gained than what I could see realistic given the rules as written.

I ran an automated simulation all night, and it still never managed to 'win.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played it rules as written and won on the second game. First game I almost won but rolled horribly against the big bad... Each game I got enough XP to get +10 to attack rolls by the end. Are you using the rules presented in the Files section?

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/29530/solotowerhackpd...

BTW, I'm subscribed here and would LOVE to see an android version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why I am questioning if I have gotten something wrong. I've never gotten anywhere close to a +10 to attack. Have you tried the desktop version? I'd like to roll out the mobile equivalent of that, but there must be something up either in my understanding of the level tables, the implementation, or that dice (even virtual ones) just hate me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only computer version I've tried is the flash version from the Files section as I don't have a PC or Mac (Chromebook house here). Is the desktop version giving XP for defeating monsters? That's where most of my XP comes from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh geez, that is where I've missed it (not only in creating a software version, but in my pencil & paper plays as well ...) - THANK YOU. That solves that mystery

Links to a desktop version are on the forums page. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1691620/desktop-all-pla...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, glad I could help!

If you want any help "testing" the Android version, feel free to send me a geekmail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tweaked it to compensate for my very embarrassing oversight of a critical rule, and got onto the tile that opens the door to the BBEG (he slaughtered me, but it was a fair fight!)

It's funny, I was thinking "the experience points shouldn't just be awarded by random room contents, they should be from actual battles." Oh my

I'll backchannel you an .apk when I roll it up with the new revisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my, I just won! I just took away the 'easier' / 'wimp' difficulty option that I had put in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey there! Sorry about the delayed reply. Looks like you got it sorted out. I'll take a look at your Java version as soon as I get a chance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.