Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been pondering getting back in (I was playing consistently up till shortly after Honor and Profit but sort of fell away) and was wondering where overall balance currently stands. I remember that early on the game was pretty heavily pro-Runner but then cards like Jackson Howard and Caprice Nisei seemed to swing the pendulum back towards Corp a bit.

I thought I would ask here because I have concluded trying to get a feel for it from videos and such just is not working.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kitto
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
Runners feel really strong economically compared to corps with really efficient breakers and rumor to blank defensive upgrades so glacier is basically out the window. as long as you're not banking on ice to win you the game, you can be pretty even with the runners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. It sounds like it veered off to pro-runner again. Unless things have changed a lot if glaciers are no longer viable then Weyland is in deep trouble?

I gave up on looking at videos after watching over a dozen games (lots of GenCon and FFG Worlds stuff) and seeing runner wins virtually every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hughes
Australia
Surfers Paradise
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The balance swings from pack to pack, from tournament to tournament, from meta to meta, and from high to low skill levels.

Runner vs corp balance is not a thing - the card pool is sufficiently diverse now that simple strategies have many counters - though the extremely rapid propagation of the new hotness for both sides is a turn off for some players. It seems that card pool diversity does not seem to correlate much with deck diversity.

Glacier decks have a number of challenges in the current meta, mostly due to recently-published cards, but equally cards in the next pack or two - or the next Most Wanted List - could easily change that.

Weyland is indeed weak right now, and has been for a while, but it got two decent ice in the most recent data pack and a highly impactful kill card in the last pack but one - there may already be a strong Weyland archetype just waiting to be built.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also add the Jinteki got some Nisei Division-specific cards that 1) support a drip economy from psi games and (perhaps more importantly) 2) provide meat damage (Fumiko Yamamori).

Does this elevate Nisei to competitive tier? Probably not, but it's an exciting development nonetheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.