Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2016 Rules state that when a player initiates an auction for a City Tile, but loses the auction, the player may purchase a treachery card. The Rules go on to state that "Event Tiles are auctioned in much the same manner as City Tiles," and then delineate the differences. Similarly, the Rules state the "Pope Tile is auction in the same manner as Event Tiles." The Rules for auctioning Event Tiles don't say anything about whether the player who initiates the auction but does not win it may choose to purchase a treachery card. Is that option also available for players who initiate auctions for Event Tiles and the Pope Tile, or is it limited to auctions for City Tiles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the question.

The compensation is only for City Tiles, not for Event Tiles or the Pope.

The reason is that calling for the auction of an Event Tile has the added advantage of pushing that decade one step closer to the end, and so the player calling that auction may not even care if they win the Event Tile and therefore should not be compensated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilbertson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... my group is on a playing binge with this game, Thanks for any and all good help you can give us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. I've updated my Player Reference Sheet for 2016 Version of Princes of the Renaissance to reflect this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.