One Deck Dungeon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bosses and Healing Potions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Greenberg
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I feel like I might be just getting tripped up over terminology. Healing potion instructions:
Quote:
Heal 3 damage from one hero at the start of a turn, or 2 damage anytime.

However the documentation always talks about how the times between when you roll the dice and strike the boss as a round

Does that mean that the last chance you get to heal 3 from a healing potion is right before descending from the 3rd floor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct -- fighting the boss is one long turn consisting of several rounds. So you can drink for 3 at the start of the boss fight, but only for 2 after it starts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I keep finding little things that I do wrong. Thankfully this last run it wouldn't have mattered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phate999 wrote:
Interesting. I keep finding little things that I do wrong. Thankfully this last run it wouldn't have mattered.

I keep finding that I am doing this wrong that make the game easier and I'm like damn this game is already hard but now it is harder! And that is why I love this game. It really feels like a roguelike game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Z
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
Correct -- fighting the boss is one long turn consisting of several rounds. So you can drink for 3 at the start of the boss fight, but only for 2 after it starts.

Hmm I'm confused.. on the Boss Fight card, it says "You can use your potions during each boss round. The start of a round is the same as the start of a turn for a Healing Potion."

So doesn't that mean you can heal the same as if it were a new turn, meaning it heals 3? I think I must be misunderstanding something

(Super fun game by the way, just got it last night and have played a good handful of games already)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a change that happened in v1.5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:

I'm sure it's just me, but I couldn't find any differential mention of healing in the original rules versus v1.5.

Nor did I see healing mentioned in the patch notes (in the BGG thread or at Asmadi).

I think that the new rule is "can heal 3 at the start of any boss round."

But it would be nice if I could find the answer in the rules and/or patch notes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Z
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
angelkurisu wrote:

I'm sure it's just me, but I couldn't find any differential mention of healing in the original rules versus v1.5.

Nor did I see healing mentioned in the patch notes (in the BGG thread or at Asmadi).

I think that the new rule is "can heal 3 at the start of any boss round."

But it would be nice if I could find the answer in the rules and/or patch notes.

Here's the updated Boss Fight card at least!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I didn't think to look there.

Seems like it would have been easier for the Healing Potion text on the Boss Fight side just to have said, "Heal 3 damage from one hero at the start of a round, or 2 damage anytime."

(Rather than copying the other side's "start of a turn" - and then have text above it saying, "start of a round is the same as the start of a turn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.