Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony W
United States
Long Beach, CA
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can you play "regular" Love Letter with the Premium set? Asking because if I buy the Premium, if I could give my regular version away. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You certainly can. It contains all the same cards from the original Love Letter for 2-4 player games, plus all new cards for when playing 5+ players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Klaser
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Here are the rule I created for playing 2-4 players with the new cards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/642hzc/rules_fo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
Not only can you, but I recommend it!

The cards in the Premium version are tarot-sized, which really helps you appreciate the artwork. They also come with custom sleeves that are clear on the front and have an envelope with wax seal artwork on the back.

In addition, the tokens of affection are large red hearts instead of little red cubes.

All this comes in a nice appropriately-sized box to hold everything (including the cards you need for 5-8 players).

My only comments for you to consider since you own the original version:

This one costs about 3x the cost of the regular version. Well worth it (it's still only about $20-25), but something to note.

It's significantly larger than the micro-sized standard version.

You might want to keep the pouch from the first version to hold the tokens of affection. It matches the box liner perfectly and really classes up the set compared to the plastic baggie for the tokens of affection. I wish they would have included one of the pouches with the Premium version. That's the only real improvement I would suggest they make in future printings.

We wore out my copy of the standard version and I was on the fence about ordering the Premium edition since I knew I was unlikely to use the 5-8 player cards very often. I wasn't sure the extra cost would be warranted. I was VERY pleasantly surprised at the quality of this game and would never go back.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.