Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the Empire, are you allowed to move your tie fighters in one quadrant and then engage in battle, using tie fighters in a different quadrant?

I would assume you can, as long as the ships are all Tie Fighter types, from the same order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dboyee wrote:
As the Empire, are you allowed to move your tie fighters in one quadrant and then engage with the rebels using tie fighters in a different quadrant?

I would assume you can, as long as the ships are all the same type, from the same order?

I didn't know this was possible...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
dboyee wrote:
As the Empire, are you allowed to move your tie fighters in one quadrant and then engage with the rebels using tie fighters in a different quadrant?

I would assume you can, as long as the ships are all the same type, from the same order?

Well, you are allowed to do this in regular Risk.
It says in the rules that you can attack an adjacent quadrant without performing the movement action. I figure, as long as your Command order applies to the certain type of ship (Tie Fighter), you can apply your order (movement) to tie fighters in one quadrant, and apply the second part of the order (aggression) to another quadrant with Tie fighters in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
dboyee wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:
dboyee wrote:
...then engage with the rebels using tie fighters...

Well, you are allowed to do this in regular Risk...

I suppect KillerJoe's question had to do with the Rebels using TIE fighters, as opposed to any tactics the Empire might employ in their use. Basically, a semantics question/joke.

Yes, I know I ruined the joke, I'll be gone...

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
midnight_reaper wrote:
dboyee wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:
dboyee wrote:
...then engage with the rebels using tie fighters...

Well, you are allowed to do this in regular Risk...

I suppect KillerJoe's question had to do with the Rebels using TIE fighters, as opposed to any tactics the Empire might employ in their use. Basically, a semantics question/joke.

Yes, I know I ruined the joke, I'll be gone...

-M_R

Oh well... I didn't grasp that joke. Edit complete. Someone care to answer the question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Marysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Though here at journey's end I lie in darkness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high, beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun, and Stars forever dwell: I will not say the Day is done, nor bid the Stars farewell.
mbmbmbmbmb
An attack only happens from one region. So only TIEs in the region where movement ended (if you chose to move) are allowed to chuck dice. TIEs from a different region could only attack on a subsequent card activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Headbutt wrote:
An attack only happens from one region. So only TIEs in the region where movement ended (if you chose to move) are allowed to chuck dice. TIEs from a different region could only attack on a subsequent card activation.

Thank you for the clarification. I figure as long as I use a Tie Fighter order - it doesn't matter if I move tie fighters in one region and attack using Tie Fighters in another region. Also, by not allowing this to be so, the Empire is at a larger disadvantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Griffiths
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dboyee wrote:
Darth Headbutt wrote:

Thank you for the clarification. I figure as long as I use a Tie Fighter order - it doesn't matter if I move tie fighters in one region and attack using Tie Fighters in another region. Also, by not allowing this to be so, the Empire is at a larger disadvantage.

I would say the rules are clear that you can only attack with the Tie fighters that you moved. (Or deployed).

"When this order is given, you may either deploy four new TIE fighters to the sector the Executor occupies OR move any number of TIE fighters from one sector to an adjacent one. After moving, you may attack a connected sector by rolling one die for each TIE fighter (up to five dice). The Empire may choose not to move a squad of TIE fighters but still attack with it."

Emphasises mine. To me the connection based on the number of TIE fighters means it's the same set of TIE fighters, and the words "a connected sector" clearly mean "a sector connected to the one in which you just stayed still/deployed/moved to".

Under your interpretation, why does moving one TIE fighter from sector A to empty sector B mean that you can only attack with one TIE fighter from sector C to sector D? Why can't you attack with all of the other TIE fighters that might be in sector C in that ?

And the "sealer" is the last sentence. You only have a choice to move one group of TIE fighters, rather than taking no "move phase" or whatever. i.e. The rules as written limit me to selecting a group of TIE fighters in sector A and not moving that group, and then "still" being allowed to attack with that group. But, under your interpretation, it seems that when I do chose to move group A I can then also chose to attack with group B? So how does that work here? I choose to not-move A and then attack with B?

EDIT: Of course, after writing this I realise that the "way" you're meant to play, according to all of the semi-official errata, is that if you move 3 X-wings into a sector with 3 already in it you get to roll 5 dice. So perhaps moving one set of minis and attacking with another isn't all that crazy after all?

EDIT2: Actually, there's a specific sentence about that "To attack with fighter ships, roll one die for each fighter in the sector from which you are attacking."

But the rules suck so I'm not sure why I'm quoting them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poddster wrote:

EDIT: Of course, after writing this I realise that the "way" you're meant to play, according to all of the semi-official errata, is that if you move 3 X-wings into a sector with 3 already in it you get to roll 5 dice. So perhaps moving one set of minis and attacking with another isn't all that crazy after all?

This is why I believe you should be able to move ships from one sector to another, and then choose to attack using ships of another sector (as long as all the ships are the same - i.e. all x-wings, using an x-wing order for example). I play this way, and I find it works well.

Poddster wrote:

But the rules suck so I'm not sure why I'm quoting them.
LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.