Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

First of all: I love this game and Stonemaier Games offer a great support.
So nothing to complain about that.

My question belongs more to the topic: "Am I the only one with this issue?"

I´ve got Scythe (KS). After opening the box I realized that not all fields were punshed out correctly at the red player board. When removing the pieces of card board that are still in the pre-punshed boxes of one player board, the surface below got damaged as they are sticking to each other.
I´ve got a replacement very quickly (thumbs up for this one), but after checking the new red player boad I realized that I´m having the exact same issue at the same place:

As with my previous player board: The piece was sticked with the background and removing it damaged the surface below. It was like they were glued together at some spots. So just removing the piece of card board just didn't work well.

I do not want to complain with this posting.
The only thing that I want to check out is, whether this is a constant error and I have to live with it or did I get 2 times the same error and by chance it`s also on the same place. If this error is some kind of "normal" I`m living with it....if it`s not I will contact Jamie again and ask for help....

So I would highly appreciate your feedback on my issue.
Do you have the same "errors" on the red player board?!
As I said: I`m wondering, since the replacement board is having the exact same error as my previous one....

Kind regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would just contact them again to let them know the same thing happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I´ve already contacted the european support but it seems to me that he is on holidays, which would be normal during x-mas time .

I was just wondering as the error is located exactly on the same place as before....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Braz wrote:
Yes, I´ve already contacted the european support but it seems to me that he is on holidays, which would be normal during x-mas time .

I was just wondering as the error is located exactly on the same place as before....

I didn't have this issue with my copy, neither did my two friends who also have copies. I think you might have just been very unlucky to have the problem twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mario: Thanks for letting me know about this. That's a very strange coincidence! It's helpful to know patterns like this so I can report them to Panda. I suspect that this particular chit is harder for the quality control team to spot than other chits, so somehow it's avoiding being punched at a slightly higher rate than other chits. We'll definitely get you a replacement, and I'm sorry for the error, but I appreciate you sharing it so I can tell Panda about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for your feedback.
My first red player board had 2 errors like this, but this particular error is exactly on the same space/spot as it is with the replacement board. As I also found this very strange I wanted first to check this out at BGG if this is a consistent error or if I'm only very unlucky.

I've already contacted Mark directly. Let's see when he is responding ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually have a replacement parts helper in Germany who might be better suited to fix this for you (just due to proximity). I can connect you with him if you e-mail me at jamey@stonemaiergames.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Braz, sorry I have been off radar for two days due to commitments ( well one if those days was a gaming meet up). I am back on stuff this evening and either me or your German parts supplier can sort you out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks to both of you! thumbsup
Ok, I´ll contact you via email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.