Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I'm following a tutorial of Retaking Viervile and I saw something that really caught my attention. In the second turn of the Americans, during the Movement Phase, a German stack (2x568 - 8-0) uses only one of the MMC to shoot an American squad that was moving, keeping the other squad for later. I really thought that a stack MUST shoot always as Fire Group. It's that valid?

In case that is valid, can the leader DRM be applicable for this squad and later for the other one, separately??

Thanks!
Carlos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChichoBluesMan wrote:
I really thought that a stack MUST shoot always as Fire Group. It's that valid?

Nope. Definitely a good idea to split and fire individually a lot of the time.

You can add the leader in to help with the 2nd squad's shot if you did not add him into the 1st squad's shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if the German stack wanted to fire at the same target at the same time (i.e. the same MF expenditure), then they must fire in a stack. Otherwise they are free to split. For example 1 squad shoots at first MF, and the other squad fires in the next MF, that's valid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! I really thought that I read it somewhere, that a stack must fire together... What I don't find anyway, are the rules about Fire Group, or Stack Firing, but, anyway, I will do as you say!
Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Parhaps you was confused by the fact that units in the same location firing at the same target Must do so as a stack. This chnges a bit during defensive fire cause you can split the fire on the same target but only firing at it in different "moments" (on different MF expenditures)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.