Subject: Alien movement during Action Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I understand correctly that all aliens moves ONLY ONE space for each alien symbol during action phase regardless their movement number on alien card ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For each alien die face rolled you choose 1 alien - your choice - and move it 1 space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too had that wrong during the first couple of games. It didn't make it easier...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasDN wrote:
I too had that wrong during the first couple of games. It didn't make it easier...

Were you actually able to win any games playing this way? It seems that would ramp the difficulty considerably

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We won a couple playing that each alien face activated 1 alien of our choice. There were four "nail-biter" games this way. One space movement only would make the game too easy!

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
ThomasDN wrote:

Were you actually able to win any games playing this way? It seems that would ramp the difficulty considerably
We played a couple of two player games and we won one of them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this would make a good (=bad) event card... "on a roll of [alien symbol] all/[more than 1] aliens move 1 step" robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also makes it take longer to move aliens when rolling alien symbols because you have to identify the aliens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Lambert
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case it may be harder overall, but at least the aliens will come to you so you won't run out of targets. I have been in a few games where I was too good at killing the aliens and not good enough at moving, so I often didn't have a target when I got the die rolls I needed to shoot something, and had a heck of a time getting move results...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then you could just save the shoot rolls and only roll the other dice until you are close enough to use the shots.

You don't have to roll all the dice every time.

Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasDN wrote:

You don't have to roll all the dice every time.

Right?

That's correct. You can use your dice results how and whenever you like.

The only restrictions are:
* Unresolved alien icons have to be resolved before you resolve other results. You can still roll the other dice but not use them before the alien symbol was resolved.

* You have to roll all results needed to use a weapon or item before placing all dice on the respective card.

Dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkPadawan wrote:
* You have to roll all results needed to use a weapon or item before placing all dice on the respective card.

Why? If a weapon needs a hand and a spanner can't I place the hand on the card and roll the rest of the dice until I get the spanner and activate the weapon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasDN wrote:
DarkPadawan wrote:

Why? If a weapon needs a hand and a spanner can't I place the hand on the card and roll the rest of the dice until I get the spanner and activate the weapon?
I believe the "missing piece" is that you cannot place any dice until the alien result is resolved. Having Alien faces showing stops your actions until the alien faces are resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.