Subject: Additional Evolution opportunities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of all the new mechanisms from this expansion, I like the Evolution ability the most. However, instead of just giving this to the one race that has it from the start and only have one rare technology, I'd like to open this up to more races.

So, my idea is to create additional (new) Evolution rare technology tiles for the technology bag or just add additional copies of the existing rare technology for evolution.

I think I would also add a couple more copies of the +5 Mutagen or +5 Resource discovery tiles.

Any thoughts if this unbalances things? Maybe only play with an all-terran game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Note to the admins: This should be in the variants subforum.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flying_neko wrote:
(Note to the admins: This should be in the variants subforum.)

I guess I didn't put it in there yet because I just wanted to see if people thought it would break things. I wasn't exactly proposing something radically new.

Either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Variants.

This way in the future interested parties will be able to find your thread and it shouldn't impact users ability to comment on it's possible impact upon the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tashin,

I haven't played enough to provide a very good answer, but off the top of my head, I can't see it breaking things but it could tweak the game play more towards evolution which seems like your goal. I don't have this expansion, but if mutating is pretty strong and more common, it could make certain races stronger, but there's only one way to find out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coren wrote:
Hi Tashin,

I haven't played enough to provide a very good answer, but off the top of my head, I can't see it breaking things but it could tweak the game play more towards evolution which seems like your goal. I don't have this expansion, but if mutating is pretty strong and more common, it could make certain races stronger, but there's only one way to find out...

Yeah, I can see it making certain races (Hydra) OP, but it all depends on if #1 the evolution techs come out, #2 which races take them, and #3 at which round in the game. The base tech only gives you 1 mutagen per turn.

The added discoveries could provide an incentive to go for those.

Basically, my thoughts for doing this are that each new race adds a DRAMATICALLY wild new mechanism to the game. I think if time traveling and evolution were opened up to all races, it might be closer to what I was hoping for in this expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.