GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,184 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Caylus» Forums » Rules

Subject: stone farm in dutch manual rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Meeple Steeple
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've read the rulebook and played one 2-player game (i like the game so far and am very eager to start that second game) The game is less complex than i first thought, but one thing does remain unclear to me :

Lets take the stone farm for example, which takes 1 gray and 1 pink cube to build, gives you 3 prestige and generates :
- 2 pink and 1 purple
- and between parenthesis : 1 pink OR 1 purple

I am reading the dutch manual, and the phrasing of the explanation of this tile confuses me.

I think it should it be :
- owner takes : 2 pink and 1 purple
- anyone else takes : 1 pink OR 1 purple

That sounds logical to me. The owner of the farm would have a fair benefit.

But if i read the explanation in the manual and interpret it literally, it should be :

- owner takes : 2 pink and 1 purple
- anyone else takes : (2 pink and 1 purple) AND (1 extra pink cube OR 1 extra purple cube)

That sounds mighty unfair?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is how it works:

Assuming the building gets activated:

Anyone who has placed his worker on it gets 2 pink and 1 purple
And if this person was someone OTHER than the owner, in that case the owner gets 1 pink or 1 purple, his choice.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tootsie Roll
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I came. I saw.
badge
I lost miserably.
mbmbmbmbmb
In short, no.

When the building is activated, the person with the worker on the farm recieves 2 food (pink) and one cloth (purple).

If the farm is activated by someone other than the person who built the farm, the player who built the farm recieves either one food or one cloth.

Thus, the person who places a worker recieves 2 food and 1 cloth and the player who built the farm recieves one prestige point and one resource, either food or cloth. This is why the three grey (stone) production building are so valuable to the players who build them. The player who builds them can recieve resources and points every turn without allocating workers in later turns if other players use their building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The player who put a worker on the Stone Farm this turn collects 2 pink and 1 indigo.
The player who built the Stone Farm collects either 1 pink or 1 indigo.
If no one playes a worker on the Stone Farm then no one collects any cubes.
If the player who put the worker on the Stone Farm is also the player who built it, he only collects 2 pink and 1 indigo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a worker, other than the owner of the building's worker, activates the building: (1)Worker gets 2 pink cubes and 1 purple cube
(2)The building's owner gets one point (as soon as the worker is placed) and chooses 1 pink or 1 purple cube when/if it is activated

If the worker that activates the building belongs to the building's owner, then that does not generate a point or the extra cube for the owner. The worker just gets the 2 pink cubes and 1 purple cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, four replies within 5 minutes of each other! Isn't BGG great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Steeple
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx for all the blazing fast replies!

ps : just noticed in the pdf manual on caylus.nl that they changed that line, so apparently it was an error in the manual
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.