Hide
3 Posts

The Exiled: Siege» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules, walls and towers, card, winning, and picking starting hand rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven McCarter
msg tools
1) Can the attackers gain and move onto the walls?
a) if yes, does this negate the bonus if they attack and adjacent section?
b) If no, how do they attack the towers, I do not see any area where they can go that is adjacent to them?
2) On towers, is it only archers that can go in them?
3) Page 18 of the rules say the attacker wins if the city durability is reduced to ___ (there is no number there), and I assume it is "0"
4) You get the order card "Ad visor" for a level 2 library, but it says to place an activation marker on the keep.
a) Is this a typo and it should be the library
b) if it is the keep, what happens if you do not have one built yet?
5) Page 7 of the rules appears to say the every round players get to pick a new starting hand from all available cards, played previously or not played and the decks are reset, is this the correct interpretation?
a) If a player runs our of special cards or reaction cards and it is time to draw a new one to fill the hand, is the discard pile reshuffled and they get to draw, or they are just out of cards for that round?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fike
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Longtooth77 wrote:
1) Can the attackers gain and move onto the walls?
a) if yes, does this negate the bonus if they attack and adjacent section?
b) If no, how do they attack the towers, I do not see any area where they can go that is adjacent to them?
3) Page 18 of the rules say the attacker wins if the city durability is reduced to ___ (there is no number there), and I assume it is "0"
4) You get the order card "Ad visor" for a level 2 library, but it says to place an activation marker on the keep.
b) if it is the keep, what happens if you do not have one built yet?
5) Page 7 of the rules appears to say the every round players get to pick a new starting hand from all available cards, played previously or not played and the decks are reset, is this the correct interpretation?
a) If a player runs our of special cards or reaction cards and it is time to draw a new one to fill the hand, is the discard pile reshuffled and they get to draw, or they are just out of cards for that round?

Thanks

an the attackers gain and move onto the walls?

- No. Attackers assault a wall. If all defenders are killed, the wall takes one damage and so does the city. Your goal as an attacker is to destroy the city. Attackers do not stand on walls or move onto walls. They simply assault it, do the damage, and then are placed in the middle zone at the start of the next round (which allows them to assault again)

They don't attack the towers. At least not via assault. Your siege and archers can attack the towers, though, but if you attack the towers, your goal is to simply remove their troops.

As a defender, you only put archers/siege in towers. You usually wouldn't put them on the walls and instead, your melee stand on the walls. (And conversely, no melee in the towers)

Anything can go there. Archers and siege SHOULD go there. Melee makes no sense as they offer no value for you, but you can do it.

Yes, it is "0" but some scenarios may change that

I believe it to be a typo

Yes - When building your "development deck", you can re-use cards from previous rounds. Also, when advancing to siege stage, you can re-choose orders you used previously. All cards are reset and you can use them again.

Out of cards for that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McCarter
msg tools
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.