Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Abrams
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When editing my collection in the old table view, the private info date fields have helper code that interprets date formats like 12/30/16 and translates them (live) to 2016-12-30, etc. This is very useful.

The new game page has a fancy new edit in collection thing that I like very much, but it's date fields do not have this helper applied, and dates that are not provided in proper YYYY-MM-DD format are simply ignored and not saved. That is to say, they fail silently and risk data loss if the user doesn't notice. This isn't great.

Worst case, they should at least provide a validation error so the data isn't potentially lost. Best case, that super handy helper code from the old tables could move over and be used there too.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But don't all those date fields have date pickers that ensure that the date is entered in the correct format?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Abrams
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
But don't all those date fields have date pickers that ensure that the date is entered in the correct format?

They do, if you care to use them, just as the old ones did.

But they are also text entry fields, and should function properly as such. Or, if we want to regress further, be disabled for manual entry so users must use the pickers.

IMO, hitting tab to the field and typing a date is faster/easier than using a mouse driven date picker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, fair enough. Can't say that I disagree, but at least there's a workaround.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.