Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the last game I participated in, the tile revealed off of the Revolving Wall was the Mystic Elevator. So, our explorer walked into the Mystic Elevator and then left in the Mystic Elevator.

1) If a new person attempts to use the Revolving Wall in a later turn, are they allowed to flip a new tile? Or is the Revolving Wall now inert since the Mystic Elevator left?

2) If there is no new tile, is the Mystic Elevator allowed to come back to the Revolving Wall tiled wall as if it was a door, since it was there in the first place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have the revolving door lead to the Mystic elevator wherever it is. Physics do not apply to the house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zayzayem wrote:
I would have the revolving door lead to the Mystic elevator wherever it is. Physics do not apply to the house.

Sure, I know that physics don't apply to the House. Wrapping my head around the idea that the Revolving Wall in the top floor still goes the Mystic Elevator in the basement would take a little, but not a lot of effort.

However, if I were to do it this way, should I still allow the Mystic Elevator to return to this revolving door if it comes back to the top floor? If I do so, I also imagine that I should disallow rooms to be built on the opposite side of the wall.

You can see the dilemma caused by this one tile flip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mystic elevator needs to attach to a door so it shouldn't end up anywhere leading to an unexplored location.

It also moves the first time someone enters.

You'll never end up with a split house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
zayzayem wrote:

Barring a scenario where the house actually splits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zayzayem wrote:
The mystic elevator needs to attach to a door so it shouldn't end up anywhere leading to an unexplored location.

It also moves the first time someone enters.

Then... what should I do with the revolving door. This seems to answer what the Mystic Elevator does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.