Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark VonKing
United States
Middletown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game mechanic rule, not sure how the +/-1 works we have been doing wrap around (+1to a 6 is a 1 /-1to a 1 is 6) did not see anything in the rule book on it.
Also had this nasty dwarf card.give the player with the least vp two of your ingredients, so if you are last do you discard or keep it till you are no longer last then complete it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Murphy
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Until there is an official answer I'm using a house rule. You can either wrap around a 6 to make it a one, or just bump it to a 7 for those spots that need specific totaled. Treating it like an ace in blackjack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Mac
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zodiac 26 wrote:
Game mechanic rule, not sure how the +/-1 works we have been doing wrap around (+1 to a 6 is a 1 /-1 to a 1 is 6) did not see anything in the rule book on it.

I would speculate applying a wraparound to modifiers is inappropriate based on the rule description for the Modifier Tokens contained in The Secret Chamber expansion (page 18), which explicitly states "You cannot turn a 6 into a 1, or a 1 into a 6." I see the Modifier Tokens as identical mechanically to any modifiers earned in the kitchen/chore board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zodiac 26 wrote:
Game mechanic rule, not sure how the +/-1 works we have been doing wrap around (+1to a 6 is a 1 /-1to a 1 is 6) did not see anything in the rule book on it.
Also had this nasty dwarf card.give the player with the least vp two of your ingredients, so if you are last do you discard or keep it till you are no longer last then complete it?

in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1685100/rules-questions-com... author answered your first question: you don't wrap. 1-1=0 so is ppointless and 6+1=7.

I'm not sure about your 2nd question, but I would play that you discard that card since you are last player at the moment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.