Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier Avilés
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings! I got the app for free and I want to learn the game. Rules and gameplay are the same? i.e., If I learn to play the game on the app version, would I be able to play the board game version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
"Play is an essential component of Wholehearted living." Brené Brown
badge
What do you mean we don't have time for another game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!

Yup, they play exactly the same. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Quinonez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo1 wrote:

Agreed.

I actually learned from the app before I ever played the board game. I loved the app so much I bought the game and later got into board gaming as hobby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Roskam
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ligtreb wrote:
WooHoo1 wrote:

Agreed.

I actually learned from the app before I ever played the board game. I loved the app so much I bought the game and later got into board gaming as hobby.

That is my story as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Elliott
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Yep!! I often use apps as a way to learn games. It's a great way to explore the game and learn the rules. This is exactly how I got into playing Puerto Rico.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the app just before Christmas and based on playing the app I ordered the board game (USA map) from my local game store last Friday - hoping to collect it later this week!

I did the same with Splendor and Carcassonne, and like both of those I'm sure Ticket to Ride will be a sure-fire hit with my family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.