Popular Tags: [View All]
Clifton Williams
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS (more like LGS), is charging over $6 per booster pack. Is this legal/allowed per FFG? I know game stores are allowed to sell whatever they want for whatever price. But I know certain companies have a contract with their distributors and stores, that for stores to be allowed to sell FFG products, they agree to certain pricing conditions. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know of any recourse action?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Dortch
United States
Sparta
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
c_s_williams1978 wrote:
My FLGS (more like LGS), is charging over $6 per booster pack. Is this legal/allowed per FFG? I know game stores are allowed to sell whatever they want for whatever price. But I know certain companies have a contract with their distributors and stores, that for stores to be allowed to sell FFG products, they agree to certain pricing conditions. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know of any recourse action?

Thanks

I doubt there is any recourse because it isn't technically illegal. Now unethical....that's a different story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim V
United States
Willowick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
c_s_williams1978 wrote:

Thanks

Might want to find a new FLGS...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
c_s_williams1978 wrote:
Anyone know of any recourse action?

I have a pretty good relationship with my LGSs and none of them would do this but if they did I'd politely let them know that although they have a right to sell at whatever price they want, in doing so they have lost potential sales from me. Then I'd stop buying product from them and buy it likely much cheaper from amazon/CSI/MM etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Accident Gamer
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Unfortunately there is very little the LGS can do to make this situation any better.

If they sell at MSRP, they will be gone in a day and probably end up on ebay a few hours later by the person who bought them. Probably for more than $6 as well..

If it were up to me I would like to see packs be sold in events. Say $18 for 6 boosters, and random drawings for buying additional packs throughout the night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have the right to sell it for whatever price they want...the same as you have the same right to take your money elsewhere and tell them to pound sand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.