Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthieu Bonnaffoux
France
flag msg tools
Hello ! I have some questions I can't find an answer for :

1) If there are several exits in a scenario, do all the heros have to use the same (I guess they have) ?

2) If a hero has 2 Infestation cards in hand, he/she dies and is replaced with a monster from the reserve pool; but what happens when this pool is empty ? Does the character still die if there is no critter to jump from his chest ?

3) In scenario 2A, doest it cost the Acolytes 1 Action Point to lock the door behind them ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I do not think there is a rule for it. It makes sense the heroes split and then regroup in tunnels between scenarios. But sometimes each exit may lead to a different following scenario. Which leads to some interesting rule requirements.

2) the hero is dead, but if you hit the monster limit the new monster is not spawned

3) no, the door is just locked after the acolyte passes it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Bonnaffoux
France
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot for your answers !

Some other questions, now :

4) What's the difference between an "Out of Bound" square (the quare with a "X") and a "Wall" square ?
Can the insectoids move through the OoB ? Is it possible to push a character on/through an OoB with no damage ? Or is the difference only aesthetic ?

5) Can an Insectoid Nest attack the heroes, if they are too close ? (he has a Strenght of 0 but could still draw a card)

6) Is it possible to Push a Nest ?

7) If an ennemy cannot move in range of a hero because another ennemy is on the way (blocking an opened door, for example), but they have another much longer path to the hero (several move actions will be needed to go along it) which is free, do they queue around the entrance of the room, or do they go the long path ?

8) When you use Niffil's Catnap, can you still move at twice the price of a normal move ?

9) When I create a "Weakest Hero" using Grand Theater or Circle of Weakness, do the ennemies move toward him if he is the closest target to them (obviously, the Summoners do it, my question is about the other ennemy types) ? So, can I use these abilities to lure them into the wrong way, or only like a shield to absorb incoming attacks instead of my heroes ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4) see the table with hazardous terrain. The terrain types are well defined. You can not push a figure through out of bounds terrain type, while wall can be used to smash enemies. Ideally use bash to deal one normal damage and one for your enemy to hit the wall.

5) no. But it still posses threat so it may be difficult to move around it.

6) interesting question. Treasures and levers can be pushed and I am not aware of any rule, that prohibits nest pushing.

7) they go longer road, but if they can open a door to reach their target faster, they do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David for covering me with all the correct answers.

mrakomor wrote:

6) interesting question. Treasures and levers can be pushed and I am not aware of any rule, that prohibits nest pushing.

Moving a nest via push or banish is possible (and often meaningful option)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:

4) see the table with hazardous terrain. The terrain types are well defined. You can not push a figure through out of bounds terrain type, while wall can be used to smash enemies. Ideally use bash to deal one normal damage and one for your enemy to hit the wall.

Thematically, pushing an enemy into an Out of Bounds terrain square seems like it should have the same type of Failure Event that a Wall should have.

i.e. 1 damage and ends movement (if pushed into it)

After all Olazabal's Wall of Stone is.....a Wall?

(PS I can't stop thinking that Olazabal is a great golfer, but i'm not sure what he is doing down a dungeon, maybe he has a magic 7-iron?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is not correct. See the failures table. No harm on out of the bounds square.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
That is not correct. See the failures table. No harm on out of the bounds square.

I know. But it still doesn't make sense (thematically or wrt consistency) to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imagine OOB as soft obstacles, such as figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:

So Olazabal's Wall is more like a big fluffy cushion, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JPWatts wrote:
mrakomor wrote:

If you push someone against a wall IRL they don't usually die, either.
It has to be really hard push and just the correct kind of surface.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
JPWatts wrote:
mrakomor wrote:

So the Wall of Stone is a Wall of Fluffy Cushions with a stone pattern embroidered onto it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JPWatts wrote:
Eridis wrote:
JPWatts wrote:
mrakomor wrote:

So the Wall of Stone is a Wall of Fluffy Cushions with a stone pattern embroidered onto it.

In that sense, yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Olazábal's Wall of Stone had to be approved by EU commity. Unfortunately they found its original for not suitable for children and unless fixed they would ban the whole game in EU.

So it had to be made soft and marked by glowing yellow stripes so no one can accidentally walk into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. But I was too shy to tell this EU limitation

Well played, David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.