Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Damage modifier cards/ Playing multiple groups rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Levi C
msg tools
mbmb
Are there only enough damage modifier cards for 4 player decks? ( I see the cards are marked 1,2,3, or 4...)
I know when running 2 groups you generally record everything and reset everything, but I was wondering if I can leave the damage modifier decks put together. If there are only 4 tho I will definitely need to separate them out each time.

So Could I do:

-Item cards get recorded and put back in stock
-Damage modifiers get recorded and put back in stock (prefer to keep these together but prob not enough cards to do that)
-Character ability cards can just be left as is (should work if only 1 person is ever using that character class)


Another question on multi parties. I assume the party achievements act as a story progression so that a new party cannot jump in and attempt the finale? (MAKING THIS ALL UP AS AN EXAMPLE, NO SPOILERING) For example, Party 1 plays through encounters 1-89, now encounters 1-90 are unlocked. Party 2 starts right now, they cannot play encounter 90, because they must first go through the 'story tree' to get the party achievements. They must play 7, 16, 22, 24, 36, and 50 before they can move on and play 90 (even though party 1 already completed all these... party 2 must play them for the achievement. Party 2 will not get any campaign rewards except the party achievement). Is this somewhat right, or am I way off base?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Box
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
As I understand it, there is one modifier deck for each class. So if no one is doubling up on classes, that should be fine. Your right, though, that the items should be put back in the stock for the other group.

I stand corrected.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
there are 4 decks of modifiers for heroes and extra modifier cards for each class. The checkmark system for the modifyer decks makes it quite easy to save and load a character.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim H.
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are five modifier decks, one for the monsters and one for up to four characters (aka players).
Each class includes the modifier cards you could add as perks and there should be a reservoir of modifiers one can get through items, events or spells.

So yes, you have to record and to reset everything.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokkael wrote:
There are five modifier decks, one for the monsters and one for up to four characters (aka players).
Each class includes the modifier cards you could add as perks and there should be a reservoir of modifiers one can get through items, events or spells.

So yes, you have to record and to reset everything.


https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1686797/comprehensive-sleev... this thread leads me to think that indeed each character has its own deck of attack modifiers. Monsters however share them (457 attack modifier cards in total).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim H.
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll quote from this thread:
Quote:
4 player decks + 1 monster deck of 20 cards, plus any scenario effects, curses and blesses


Every character has a bunch of special modifier cards for modifiying the common player deck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokkael wrote:
I'll quote from this thread:
Quote:
4 player decks + 1 monster deck of 20 cards, plus any scenario effects, curses and blesses


Every character has a bunch of special modifier cards for modifiying the common player deck.


This is correct. There are five battle modifier decks labeled 1-4 and "M". Then each class has additional battle modifier cards which may be added to the deck depending on which PERKS (the check marks) they choose upon earning them.

If you are playing with multiple groups you will have to reset the decks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cthulhu Dreams
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P0isson wrote:
Jokkael wrote:
I'll quote from this thread:
Quote:
4 player decks + 1 monster deck of 20 cards, plus any scenario effects, curses and blesses


Every character has a bunch of special modifier cards for modifiying the common player deck.


This is correct. There are five battle modifier decks labeled 1-4 and "M". Then each class has additional battle modifier cards which may be added to the deck depending on which PERKS (the check marks) they choose upon earning them.

If you are playing with multiple groups you will have to reset the decks.


Or, I think you can use the print and play components released for the kickstarter to make some other decks. Will probably stop working eventually but could tide you over.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.