Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is the sequence of play on the board different to the one in the rules?
It doesn't have 'move' as an action or 'remove suppression'?
I'm a new player so this stuff is important. Is it just a sloppy upgrade from the modern warfighter or am I missing something?
4 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is known in the trade as FUBAR soblue

It shouldn't have happened! angry

It was proofed before sending to the printer and again when printers drafts were returned.

It looks like an early abridged version of the Page 19 Turn sequence.

How it happened - I'll ask DVG. soblue
(I'll also check my proofs to see if I am partly to blame)

Page 19
SEQUENCE OF PLAY
Perform the following steps each Mission Turn until the
mission is successfully completed or fails:
SOLDIER TURN
Roll for Environment
By paying an Action, a Soldier can:
Remove 1 Suppress
Move
Attack
Reload
Discard and Draw
Engage in Hand to Hand*
*May require more than 1 Action
Soldiers can also freely do the following Activities:
Play an Action Card*
Play a Location Card*
Activate the Objective Card
Pass Gear to other Soldiers
Lighten the Load
Pay Retain Costs
*May cost an Action if stated on the card
HOSTILE TURN
Reinforcement Draw
Hostiles Attack
Hostiles Close Range
Hostiles Remove Suppress Counters
Advance Mission Timer

Thank you for pointing out the problem!



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like you are saying the Sequence of Play on page 19 is correct. Right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arizona Flyboy wrote:
It looks like you are saying the Sequence of Play on page 19 is correct. Right?


Right!

Use page 19 sequence.

and again thank you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the result of rushing the game into production. All those should be caught during the final proof.

DVG games in general have this kind of errata...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ah3Dog wrote:
This is the result of rushing the game into production. All those should be caught during the final proof.

DVG games in general have this kind of errata...


Talking of errata ...I went revised DVG website to look for some errata for some of his other games and could not find any errata any where ...does any know where it's all gone or have a link to it please ?

Thanks

Ric
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their web site has recently been rebuilt - hopefully the various files will be hosted again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
It is known in the trade as FUBAR soblue

It shouldn't have happened! angry

It was proofed before sending to the printer and again when printers drafts were returned.

It looks like an early abridged version of the Page 19 Turn sequence.

How it happened - I'll ask DVG. soblue
(I'll also check my proofs to see if I am partly to blame)

Page 19
SEQUENCE OF PLAY
Perform the following steps each Mission Turn until the
mission is successfully completed or fails:
SOLDIER TURN
Roll for Environment
By paying an Action, a Soldier can:
Remove 1 Suppress
Move
Attack
Reload
Discard and Draw
Engage in Hand to Hand*
*May require more than 1 Action
Soldiers can also freely do the following Activities:
Play an Action Card*
Play a Location Card*
Activate the Objective Card
Pass Gear to other Soldiers
Lighten the Load
Pay Retain Costs
*May cost an Action if stated on the card
HOSTILE TURN
Reinforcement Draw
Hostiles Attack
Hostiles Close Range
Hostiles Remove Suppress Counters
Advance Mission Timer

Thank you for pointing out the problem!





Thanks for the clarification David.
Just while I'm learning I shall print out a crib sheet sequence of play to save thumbing through the rulebook quite so often.


2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the next expansion wave - I'll see if one of the cards can be the crib card.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brennan
United States
Groveland
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
It would be nice to have a graphically appropriate sticker to place over the one on the board.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Brennan wrote:
It would be nice to have a graphically appropriate sticker to place over the one on the board.


+1
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Brennan wrote:
It would be nice to have a graphically appropriate sticker to place over the one on the board.


Good idea.... but probably it will not be free
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin MacMillan
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for raising that point, Terry. Like you, I'm a new-ish player and rely on the board to give me the right sequence. Looks like it's back to the rulebook.
Colin
(NZ sauron)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Von Tempsky wrote:
Thanks for raising that point, Terry. Like you, I'm a new-ish player and rely on the board to give me the right sequence. Looks like it's back to the rulebook.
Colin
(NZ sauron)


We just need a BGGer who has artistic flair to knock up a quick PDF sequence of play on a card size format to print out ....
.... now there's a challenge ;-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest I'm not sure a crib sheet would help me. In my first ( and only ) game so far I misread the 'Screened by (0-2)' to mean I had to kill or surpress all enemies in a RANGE of 0 to 2 locations !
I didn't win.
It's units with a VALUE of 0 to 2 in the SAME location that need to be killed or surpressed.
The unit was alone in the objective location but I insisted on pounding away at all the other units trying to kill or surpress them until the time ran out.
But I had fun and I'm looking forward to trying another mission soon ;-)

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maciwt wrote:
Von Tempsky wrote:
Thanks for raising that point, Terry. Like you, I'm a new-ish player and rely on the board to give me the right sequence. Looks like it's back to the rulebook.
Colin
(NZ sauron)


We just need a BGGer who has artistic flair to knock up a quick PDF sequence of play on a card size format to print out ....
.... now there's a challenge ;-)


Are you volunteering?

OK - 5 geek gold to the first that gets it up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
maciwt wrote:
Von Tempsky wrote:
Thanks for raising that point, Terry. Like you, I'm a new-ish player and rely on the board to give me the right sequence. Looks like it's back to the rulebook.
Colin
(NZ sauron)


We just need a BGGer who has artistic flair to knock up a quick PDF sequence of play on a card size format to print out ....
.... now there's a challenge ;-)


Are you volunteering?

OK - 5 geek gold to the first that gets it up.


I will add 40 GG to that if some one can create a nice sequence of play that I can print out ...like the above posting but with just a little more detail ...

Cheers

Ric
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McGuire
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peisistratous wrote:
davidinsydney2 wrote:
maciwt wrote:
Von Tempsky wrote:
Thanks for raising that point, Terry. Like you, I'm a new-ish player and rely on the board to give me the right sequence. Looks like it's back to the rulebook.
Colin
(NZ sauron)


We just need a BGGer who has artistic flair to knock up a quick PDF sequence of play on a card size format to print out ....
.... now there's a challenge ;-)


Are you volunteering?

OK - 5 geek gold to the first that gets it up.


I will add 40 GG to that if some one can create a nice sequence of play that I can print out ...like the above posting but with just a little more detail ...

Cheers

Ric


Did this ever happen?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.