10 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » General

Subject: color pawns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rémi MUSSETA
msg tools
I buy pandemic few days ago.
I want to know if it's normal that the color of pawns for the dispatcher( it should be pink) and researcher( should be less dark) are more darker than on the cards(for me it's kind of not really the same color).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the researcher is usually a really dark brown, but that does seem a bit dark for the pinkish dispatcher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Wellington
msg tools
mbmb
Just got mine as well and that's how my pawns look. Recent dye mixture in the molds maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my game as well; my Researcher pawn looks like yours, but my Dispatcher pawn is a purple color (so definitely not red!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
herem wrote:
I want to know if it's normal that the color of pawns for the dispatcher( it should be pink) and researcher( should be less dark) are more darker than on the cards(for me it's kind of not really the same color).

Pretty much a common thing for those two pawns. Researcher is the same color of brown that Chessex used for their single color brown dice with white pips. Always confuse that pawn with Bio-Terrorist and Colonel's (BT is black and Colonel is supposed to be navy, but same kind of 'off black' in a different color)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PXR5
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herem wrote:

Even with my Pandemic set from a couple of years ago the pawn colour matching is not ideal. I was thinking of a replacement pawn set but we got used to them in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With how some of the colors are too similar after introducing the expansions, definately going to go with some role meeples from Meeplesource,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lomdr wrote:
With how some of the colors are too similar after introducing the expansions, definately going to go with some role meeples from Meeplesource,

Looks like actual miniatures may be available with a Kickstarter relaunch:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/notsoboredgames/outbrea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PXR5
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ethan but it does look like they're having some problems. From their KS page...

---quote---
We would like to let you know that based on community feedback and our over-optimistic goals, we will suspend and relaunch this campaign. Thank you sincerely for your support and candor. We learned so much.
---end quote---

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always found original Pandemic pawns weren't well colour matched. Was okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.